Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Aspen EFD1000

Another problem is they are only compatible with XM for download weather – not much help for us Europeans…

EGTF, LFTF

Does it not support the Avidyne MLX770, or the newer Garmin GSR56?

Both are Iridium “satphone” based.

Last Edited by Peter at 25 Nov 11:20
Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Neil

You are correct about the STC issue, fortunately Lees Avionics ( now part of Gamma Engineering) have an European STC for fitment of the Aspen in the DR400, I presently have a very good working relationship with Gamma and I don’t expect use of the STC will be much of a problem. I am Shute that they would write an ESTC for your aircraft but to make it worthwhile you would need to spread the cost over a number of aircraft.

I spoke to Gama already and the costs are enormous for a one aircraft STC. It would be cheaper to change the T67 for a DR400!
I quite like that idea.

Darley Moor, Gamston (UK)

To Peter’s question: the Aspen manual only refers to their own sat receiver.

Last Edited by denopa at 25 Nov 12:12
EGTF, LFTF

The big problem with the Aspen appears if you have an aircraft which does not appear on the STC list. Aspen are not interested in supporting additional types and for one aircraft the cost is prohibitive. I looked into it for my T67.

Neil, their are EASA STC’s that are designed by individual DOA’s. They are listed on the STC list on the Aspen website:
http://www.aspenavionics.com/pdfs/EASA%20STC%20List%202013-06-03.pdf

However Aspen now also has their own EASA STC for a whole range of general aviation aircraft under EASA Control. The T67-M260 and T67-M260-T3A are included, so no additional certifcation cost for EASA aircraft on their own STC
http://www.aspenavionics.com/pdfs/EASA_AML_Fact_sheet_CERT_REV_0_20130806.pdf

JP-Avionics
EHMZ

But I have a T67C-3 and although it’s the same aircraft with a different engine, and the panel is the same, it is not a M260

That difference would cost me many thousands, or so I was told

Although on looking at it the EASA TCDS is the same for all T67s, so I wonder if there’s an angle there?

That difference would cost me many thousands, or so I was told

Unfortunately that is true. I didn’t knew your exact type, sorry.

JP-Avionics
EHMZ

Although on looking at it the EASA TCDS is the same for all T67s, so I wonder if there’s an angle there?

I will check this with my contacts at Aspen and let you know.

JP-Avionics
EHMZ
Sign in to add your message