Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

100UL (merged thread)

Apologies, after I pushed the submit button a load of crap appeared where I had pasted the translated copy. I have no idea where it all vale from.

France

You have a 2hr edit window.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

there are new pumps going in at Toussus and Lognes. These pumps will dispense what I assume is Total’s answer to 100UL AFAIU.

There are TWO UL91 pumps at Arcachon! Much of the flying is done in newish LSAs, which use UL91. Those pumps are a lot busier than the 100LL one.

LFMD, France

gallois wrote:

Perhaps you need to tell Total.

No, because as the article also implies, nowhere do they place is as “TOTAL’s answer to 100UL”. It doesn’t even mention 100UL.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Point taken. Just my own interpretation of why they might be doing.this experiment.
@ Peter thanks I thought I only had a 15min ediy window.

France

I think this is coming from an increase demand of Rotax users in the certified world, of which running with SP98 will ease usage and maintenance. Lycosaurus and Contisaurus need to use UL91. I think SP98 is not suitable for flying in the high 100s.

LFMD, France

Many Lycosaurus aircraft are STC’ed (without altitude limitations) for 98 RON (which is approx. 88MOZ).
But these require max 1% ethanol, which is why this TOTAL fuel might be useless for those.
Also, in France, virtually no Lycosaurus aircraft have these STCs , so yes, this fuel will essentially used by the Rotax crowd.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 19 Oct 10:57

Isn’t there a blanket approval for EASA planes (airframes) and Lycoming SL-1070 that would make using an EN228 fuel in a lot of engine / airframe combinations?

Last Edited by tmo at 19 Oct 10:40
tmo
EPKP - Kraków, Poland

No. There is a standard change only for UL91.

Looked up EN228 and it is guarantee of no ethanol.

France
Sign in to add your message