Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Anybody using Camguard? (merged)

Does Aeroshell W+ contain the Camguard additive?

No, the above statement says that’s a mineral single grade oil with the Lycoming additive. Previously that was only available in the multi-grade synthetic oils from Aeroshell. I believe it’s a good addition, I currently use a single grade oil in summer and a mineral multi-grade in winter, both with Camguard. This means I fly without the Lycoming additive (which Camguard does not contain because it’s not suitable for the Continental starter drive).

Last Edited by achimha at 20 Oct 09:20

So what do your Oil Anaylsis reports tell you that leads you to believe that Camguard “works” ?

Do a search for Camguard, Michael.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

Do a search for Camguard, Michael.

Don’t need to, I’ve spoken with it’s founder /Inventor Ed Krollin in the past and followed them since the market introduction.

Peter wrote:

So what do your Oil Anaylsis reports tell you that leads you to believe that Camguard “works” ?

FAA A&P/IA
LFPN

I saw Ed present in Las Vegas and it was very compelling. Not only the evidence but his knowledge and experience and he is definitely not a “marketing guy”. I use the product and believe it helps.

EGKB Biggin Hill London

Yes – he is on EuroGA too. He has posted in the various Camguard threads.

Administrator

FAA A&P/IA
LFPN

Michael I will spend my time searching old posts when I get more time.

Administrator

While mixing Camguard and AS W15W-50, I spilled some on my hand. A bit later I notice my hand has a distinct “funny” smell to it, which I, of course, only has been reading about in a book I borrowed from someone I, – well nevermind….

My first thought was what the hell the last pilot was smoking, but realized quickly the smell came from the mixture of AS and Camguard.

Do I have a particular criminal mind, or did someone else also notice this smell?

G

Hm. What have you been smoking?

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

EDFM (Mannheim), Germany
Sign in to add your message