Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

David Clark DC PRO-X

Not for use in piston engined aircraft IMHO

Could you elaborate, Peter?

A friend has a set and he considers them quite good but he quietly admits to preferring the seating of my Zulu.2

What does he think of the noise attenuation?

Last Edited by Peter at 07 Mar 15:23
Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Also put ‘ruggedness’ into the equation. I am a very happy Bose user, but have had some plastic parts fail after relatively minor misuse. DC owners tell me they can sit on them without creating danage

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

Too much sound leakage makes on-ear headsets unsuitable for high noise environments in my opinion. For that you need a headset that surrounds the ear.

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

Peter: his comments exactly, they aren’t as good as Zulus because there is some leakage but they are good enough for his machine. What he did say is that they have a lower clamping pressure than his old 10.4 so he has less of a headache after flying 2 or 3 hours in a row…..

EDL*, Germany

There are countless headsets on the market which are basically what Peter calls “on ear”.

They are often used by airline pilots.

But D-C are marketing this one into the GA market, so I wondered if they have perhaps done something novel.

Actually the old Bose-X is almost on-ear. But it works very well.

Both the Bose-X and the Bose A20 have been fine for my longest flights – over 7hrs in some cases. But it would be nice to have something lighter and cooler.

Administrator

His comments exactly, they aren’t as good as Zulus because there is some leakage but they are good enough for his machine. What he did say is that they have a lower clamping pressure than his old 10.4 so he has less of a headache after flying 2 or 3 hours in a row…..

I recently sold off a pair of passive DC H10-13.4s for $400 US combined, and then got a $450 credit for my 5 year old malfunctioning Zulu on a new order for two Zulu 2s. Lightspeed does repairs efficiently but I decided to get some new ones instead. Their trade up program is excellent – they’ll give you a credit for almost anything. I’m very happy with the both the net cost and performance of the Zulu 2s.

I wonder if this is any good

You can easily “test” it yourself.
Several Internet-based pilot toy-shops offer to accept “no-fault” returns within first 30 days after the purchase. As long as the item is returned undamaged and its original packaging, you shall pay only for the postage (to you and then back).
Order this little headset before going to LDLO. Try it on this “longish” trip and decide then whether it performs satisfactorily (on your head and in your aircraft).
Don’t forget to let me know your “verdict”

Last Edited by ANTEK at 08 Mar 05:11
YSCB

But D-C are marketing this one into the GA market

Not in the advertising I have seen and the packaging carries an illustration of a biz jet

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

The DC works very good in a SEP. It does provide a better sound than the A20, which I find too rich of high frequencies for my taste. I don’t like the on ear design for comfort reasons, but then the A20 isn’t suitable for my anatomy, either. I liked the Sennheider S1 digital, but I think I’m going for InEar design. Until then, my SL90 works well enough to last another 200 hours or so.

mh
Aufwind GmbH
EKPB, Germany

D-C are now advertising this headset with an SR22 in the background.

If it works in that (not a quiet aircraft by piston cockpit standards) then it must be a breakthrough.

Administrator
Sign in to add your message