Welcome to our forums

GEM610 engine monitor

http://www.insightavionics.com/g4single.htm

I have GEMCOM version 31Kb (not tested yet) PM me for details
The G3, G4 but they are min 3-4 AMU’s. I found a 610 for 0.25 AMU

Last Edited by Vref at 10 Apr 14:16
EBST

What is an Amu??.

I went from a Gem 603 (turbocharged) to a G3 and later a G4..

Best decision I ever made

1AMU=1000 US $ Aviation Monetary Unit

Last Edited by Vref at 10 Apr 20:50
EBST

Chanceless

Gem 6xx is useless compared to..

Last Edited by Commander at 10 Apr 21:37

Commander I am happy for you..and of course the G4 is way more capable. still this thread is about the 610..

EBST

Small update:
Got the software running on my Lenovo laptop WIN 8.1 with DOSBOX and a small shell…
Maybe with USB to irda adapter and see if I can get it play with assignment of the serial comport ..that would be great!
I have a HP200LX with flashcard but somehow I can’t get it running…the HP200 can’t access teh drive with exe on it…

;

Last Edited by Vref at 08 Jun 17:29
EBST

Okay almost gave up on this project but finally got the thing working (GEMCOM software) on an HP200LX and a 64MB old Kodak Flashcard..(newer Flash cards don’t work)
I was able to change the 610 settings through the IR port. I think for being more then 15 years old it’s great. I was able to read out the previous owner CHT’s en EGT from several years ago…The log files are very good. I was able to view them in the free of charge Savyweb-site and even directly convert them into a Word/Excel format…
So I am going to exchange the 602 with the 610 (only need to change the ground from the engine to the airframe. If this works I will do a detailed GAMI spread download and X-check that with the manual 602 spread calculation I’ve done recently and install some GAMI’s..( I think it’s still worth to it on my 1600 Hrs IO520 engine as my Oil burn is less then 1 QT every 10-12 Hours and I am very happy with the performance still…)
If the unit fails in a year or two it’s just an exchange with a G2, G3 or even a G4..

EBST

Vref have you been successful by replacing the DS1994?
My GEM 610 contained a already a DS1994, which started to loose the date memory.
So I replaced it today with a new DS1994.
On the bench I can update GEM time with the HP200LX,
HOBBS TIME and RUN CYCLES now show: 0,
but it does not keep the synchronised time ???

Blue skies, Jo

Bluefix
EDAZ
19 Posts
Sign in to add your message