Banner
Welcome to our forums

Trying to identify my oleos.

Can anyone identify these?

Link

Link

Forever learning
EGTB

I can’t identify the oleos, but am curious if there’s any potentially useful info on the data plates that can be seen but not read in the photo. Just Googling part numbers can be remarkably revealing. One imagines there can only be so many oleos that would fit the geometry. Any info available from Sequoia data, or ancient Aviamilano, Laverda etc? Best of luck!

Last Edited by Silvaire at 24 Jul 03:12

It would be useful to see the data labels, as Silvaire says.

Google / Images is a great tool. You soon spot the item visually, if there is a match.

Another thing is that many certified aircraft parts are made by firms which make parts for experimental/homebuilt aircraft. The TC holder is a 145 company and they “inspect” the part (which they bought with a CofC) and print off an 8130-3 or an EASA-1 form. Socata do this a lot and a lot of TB stuff (e.g. brake master cylinders) are made by fairly obscure little companies which make homebuilt aircraft parts.

Some gas strut manufacturers sell an overhaul kit.

There is also a point of view (IMHO bogus, but put out by certain big forum personalities elsewhere) that you are not allowed to overhaul or repair any item (on a certified aircraft) unless it comes with a CMM (component maintenance manual).

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Link

Sorry gents, I posted the same link twice. This is the data tag but a google search reveals nothing other than a suspicion that my Oleos are WWII era!

Forever learning
EGTB

Aircraft Accessories Corp was at 166 West Olive Ave in Burbank California… That was next to Lockheed. Obviously lots of other aircraft production in southern CA.

There’s an Aero Accessories Inc listed in the FAA repair station list, located at Van Nuys, not far away. Link

It would be neat to figure out where they came from.

Indeed it would. I don’t have any immediate issues but it would be nice to that if I do I will have some idea of what I’m looking for regards spares.

Forever learning
EGTB

Still looking!

Forever learning
EGTB

Gents, I could really do with some help on this one; I’ve drawn a massive blank!

Forever learning
EGTB
8 Posts
Sign in to add your message