Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

How to become a A&P mechanic in Europe?

Does anyone know the how to become an A&P mechanic?
entry qualification? EU citizen, etc

thank for your help

fly2000

I know numerous A&Ps but as far as I know, all of them except one did it all in the USA. In fact most did the IA (inspection authorisation) out there as well.

The information I recall is that you can do an A&P wholly in Europe and it involves some classroom and then practical experience working for a maintenance company.

The IA is much more useful but is said to be impossible to do outside the USA now.

I will ask and report…

My experience (being N-reg since 2005) is that there is a lot of A&Ps around. Some are freelance but not many remain freelance for long, due to the sporadic nature of the work. Most get jobs eventually and then it depends on the terms of employment (and their attitude to them) whether they continue working freelance. Most disappear from the scene. IAs are much more rare.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I have spoken to my contact. You seem to have basically two options.

If you are EASA66 already then you can go to the Frankfurt FSDO and they will sign you off to sit an exam, which can be done in the USA or in Europe. Then you are an A&P.

If you are not EASA66 then you do the above the same way but you need 2-3 years of work experience which has to be signed off by an A&P.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
3 Posts
Sign in to add your message