Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Acrylic window cleaning / polishing

Thanks all for your suggestions and advice, much appreciated.

Fortunately, there are no major scratches, but as it has been about 10 years since they were installed as part of a rebuild, some proactive TLC is good. I can also sort out this irrelevant paint dab on the rear quarter panel! One of the things to occupy oneself when the a/c is on scheduled downtime…

Last Edited by CKN at 13 Feb 07:21
CKN
EGLM (White Waltham)

From here Aeropolish SPR has been highly recommended, but where can one buy it? It exists in Germany.

I have been using Plexus, since 2002, very successfully. It fills in tiny scratches well.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I never saw the Aeropolish SPR product in any pilot shop. Bought it on-line in Germany as you say, at the factory

Last Edited by aart at 19 Dec 17:21
Private field, Mallorca, Spain

I bought a tin of Aeropolish SPR at the manufacturer’s booth at Friedrichshafen. Works great as the final step (after wet sanding with 2000 grit sandpaper).
One can also polish acrylic with toothpaste, but it’s slower than Aeropolish. Choose the most abrasive one (typically of the whitening variety; there are toothpaste abrasiveness rankings available on the web).

LKBU (near Prague), Czech Republic
always learning
LO__, Austria

@Snoopy, haven’t seen the C-Klear. Aeropolish SPR is a thick oily white paste. You don’t need much of it – just a little dab on a piece of felt or leather, and keep rubbing… For a very small defect, I just rub it with a finger.

LKBU (near Prague), Czech Republic

Does the Rhoba Aeropolish SPR company ship to the UK? They have a shopping cart.

Some German firms don’t ship to the UK; I have just been totally unsuccessful in getting some Miele oven parts. Eventually found them on Ebay.

Administrator

There have been reports that Plexus is hard to get in Europe. I see loads of suppliers, including Sandelving (who call themselves Aircraft Spruce Europe) in Germany:

https://www.aircraftspruce.eu/plexus-plastic-cleaner.htm

Administrator

€48,44 ex VAT and ex shipping !

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

I switched from Plexus to ClearView

Works well

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands
Sign in to add your message