Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

German Annex II aircraft maintenance in the UK.

Does anyone know whether a D registered annex II aircraft could be maintained in the UK? And if so, what approvals the UK maintenance organisation would require?

They must be approved by the LBA. You might be able to get a generic approval for your specific aircraft that they would accept Part 66 maintenance for example. Contact the LBA.

Went this route in the past for UK, German and Belgium annex II aircraft, with success.

JP-Avionics
EHMZ

Thanks Jesse,

I’ll look into that.

Is this approach generally considered less problematic than moving from one country’s Annex II to another?

Nick

I never had any problems getting permission to do avionics installation and test work on annex II aircraft from other countries than the Netherlands.

I don’t think they would give you any difficulties with mechanical maintenance, if you can show an equivalent quality of maintenance engineers / organisation. I would ask this first, it might be solved with a single E-mail. Relocating to another country can be an hassle. The only interesting point might be the airworthiness review, which is different between states.

You might need a prüfer for your airworthiness review.

I guess only the LBA can give you more information or approval you need.

JP-Avionics
EHMZ

Thanks again Jesse

5 Posts
Sign in to add your message