Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

New UK equipment carriage rules

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Unfortunately these are all airspace requirement so for pan-European travel you have to carry everything. Germany still requires a DME for all aircraft in its airspace under IFR.

In my opinion, the CAAs should completely get out of the business of prescribing equipment. This is something a EU regulation should define.

BTW, I think for ADF they should mandate concealed carry.

So am I really reading this correctly? I.e. that the CAA no longer requires DME or ADF in UK airspace, providing you have other suitable nav equipment in the airplane ?

EGGD Bristol, United Kingdom

In my opinion, the CAAs should completely get out of the business of prescribing equipment. This is something a EU regulation should define.

That’s exactly what’s happening here – this is actually taken from part-NCO, and is being implemented early in the UK.

So am I really reading this correctly? I.e. that the CAA no longer requires DME or ADF in UK airspace, providing you have other suitable nav equipment in the airplane ?

Yep – unless needed for an approach.

EGEO

I hope the German LBA does that too …

I hope the German LBA does that too …

That is a dream mate. LBA will have some extra regulations.

United Kingdom

Not quite. They are exempting

any aircraft registered in the United Kingdom on a private flight.

There is no exemption for an aircraft from another registry, at least not in the quoted text.

Whether that aircraft needs it for passage through another country’s airspace will depend on the rules in that country.

Last Edited by dublinpilot at 10 Feb 20:53
EIWT Weston, Ireland

If that exemption is only for G-regs in UK airspace, it’s not worth much. It would surprise me if that was the full story.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

That’s exactly what’s happening here – this is actually taken from part-NCO, and is being implemented early in the UK.

jwoolard is right. Same is true for the Netherlands. Part NCO is allready into force, though there is an opt out for member states till 25 Augustus 2016, so this will come into force in other countries as well. Do note when you need equipment for your flight as it is part of your flight plan, you must have the equipment (DME / ADF).

JP-Avionics
EHMZ
11 Posts
Sign in to add your message