Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

L3 Lynx - active TAS and ADS-B traffic warning system

It looks like the STC (EASA approved) does not cover antenna installation.
Antenna installation should now fall under CS-STAN and is virtually free of charge (unless the aircraft is FIKI certified).

I have a question for @Zsoszu and @AlexTB20; the traffic on the L3 display has a trend vector. Does the target on the IFD540 have this trend vector as well or is it just a bearingless circle ? Additional question: did you ever consider the remote NGT9000 option ?

Last Edited by airways at 26 May 09:06
EBST, Belgium

Yes the traffic retains standard TCAS symbols on the IFD540 as well. Extended callouts like ‘Traffic, 2 o’clock, high, descending’ is even better than a standard TCAS II screen that can be found on commercial transport aircraft.

Panel version of the NGT-9000 gives you additional screen estate that can be customized as needed and faster actions compared to any PFF/MFD nested menus.

Overall, I can highly recommend the IFD NGT combination on any GA aircraft.

Last Edited by AlexTB20 at 01 Jun 14:08
LRIA, Romania

AlexTB20 wrote:

Yes the traffic retains standard TCAS symbols on the IFD540 as well. Extended callouts like ‘Traffic, 2 o’clock, high, descending’ is even better than a standard TCAS II screen that can be found on commercial transport aircraft.

Panel version of the NGT-9000 gives you additional screen estate that can be customized as needed and faster actions compared to any PFF/MFD nested menus.

Overall, I can highly recommend the IFD NGT combination on any GA aircraft.

Not sure if you know, but does it present the same info on GTNs?

EGTR

Yes, ob the GTN ist is the same. Also the call outs regarding the traffic are available. Very helpful indeed.

EDDS , Germany

eddsPeter wrote:

Yes, ob the GTN ist is the same. Also the call outs regarding the traffic are available. Very helpful indeed.

Great! So for new GTN750+650 installation the cheapest remote option (to save panel space) would be not GTX345R + TAS (~15K), but Lynx 9000+ Active Traffice remote (10K).

EGTR

To be on the futureproof side, I’d go for diversity ads-b. I wouldn’t be surprised if we get an amalgam of ground based receivers and satellites here in Europe.

EBST, Belgium

@AlexTB20 can you describe how you use the panelscreen ? Since wx is not available in Europe, I guess you only use it to enter the SSR-code ?
How do you setup the screen for your operation ? Is the traffic display on the L3 in any way clearer/better presented than on the MFD ?

Thanks ! I’m about to decide on this installation…

EBST, Belgium

If you activate the terrain option, it can be useful. Traffic on the NGT screen is decluttered and easier to read. I also think it won’t be long till Golze or somebody else will emulate wx over radio waves.

You can configure different surveillance zones on NGT than on IFD (let’s say show only +-2000 ft on IFD and show all traffic up to let’s say 20 miles on NGT). If you are zoomed in on a procedure or reading a Jeppesen map on the IFD, the NGT let’s you see traffic further away.

LRIA, Romania

All good points. Thanks Alex !

EBST, Belgium
Sign in to add your message