Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

GTN 750 holdings question

Hello
i am quiet new to the GTN 750 but maybe someone has vast experience.
How can i make published Holdings visible when i do load an App or Arrival?
e.g. i m entering a published holding at a fix, when having an arrival or app loaded i cant see it on the GTN
but on the ipad or paper STAR e.g. i can cleary see that there is one published.
How can i make this visible in the GTN?

I can not find anything on the manual , but have seen those in several tutorial videos.

thanks for help

Last Edited by derbigu at 01 Apr 22:13
EDRT

For my sins, I have recently done a fair bit of work on this.

The answer is that the published holds are not always coded. The rules governing when they will and will not be coded are obscure, but can be summarised as:

If the hold is required as part of the missed approach (i.e. the missed approach text says ‘proceed to hold’) then it will probably be coded.
If the hold is not required (the missed approach text will normally say something like ‘direct to FIX’, without mentioning the hold), then it will probably not be coded.

The reason is that, if the hold is not mandatory you do not want to auto sequence into it, and you can’t code something outside of an auto-sequenced set of legs.

So, on some approaches you will see the published holds, on some you won’t. If you do see it and want to fly hit, just direct-to the hold leg and it will fly the correct join perfectly.

We have been promised ad-hoc (unpublished) holds on the GTN for some time now. Hopefully it will be soon!

Last Edited by jwoolard at 01 Apr 22:21
EGEO
2 Posts
Sign in to add your message