Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Cessna seat belt calendar time

Why is it necessary to change the Cessna seat belts every 10 years (EASA)? Is there an AD for this, or is it something else?

G

To my knowledge, there is no FAA Airwothiness Directive concerning the replacement of Cessna seat-belts every 10 years.

For the Legacy 172s, 182s and 206s, there is no mention in Chapter 4, nor in the TCDS and since there are no ADs, on FAA reg, you would not be required to renew.

That said, on some models (ex. Lancair/Corvalis/Ttx), the seat-belt “assamblies” are a Chapter 4 Life Limited item, so they must be re-newed. Also, the wording requires “replacement of seat restraint system” which rules out having them re-webbed which is far less costly.

I’m sure someone here can chime in for EASA …

Last Edited by Michael at 01 Oct 06:46
FAA A&P/IA
LFPN

I guess that’s me, and the original post discussed is there (C182T, 2006, F-reg):

http://www.euroga.org/forums/maintenance-avionics/4041-cessna-182-seat-bets-overhaul-10-years#post_66973

My CAMO is insisting on the full replacement for new belts and airbags, saying I have no other choice.
There might be a possibility to overhaul them with AMSAFE, but:
- AMSAFE didn’t answer
- My CAMO told me it would be as expansive as new Cessna Parts

I still have a few months to go, and I am still inquiring for alternatives.

But to be honest, I am getting prepared for the full exchange.

Regards
Alexandre.

Thank you for your reply, I had missed that thread entirely.

I have purchsed Amsafe belts from Alpha Aviation before, they come with domestic 8130-3 or Export 8130 (with long delay). They seem to be some sort of appointed dealer for the GA-segment.

G

4 Posts
Sign in to add your message