Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Lightspeed PFX - unsatisfactory battery life

I wonder has anyone else found that the PFX (with bluetooth OFF) has an unacceptably short battery life? Say 12-18 hours. So the 4xAA batteries need to be changed at the start of any long day’s flying. The green light is supposed to turn red some hours before the ANR disconnects, and there is a warning beep, but I find neither of these gives enough warning. I’ve been caught out twice and think I’ll have to stop using the expensive PFX ……

Bluebeard
EIKH, Ireland

The first question – what batteries do you use? The choice makes a huge difference. For best results I prefer the Energiser Ultimate Lithium, they last around 2.5 times longer than Duracell Plus Power batteries and around 7 times longer than (e.g.) Tesco’s own brand Zinc batteries – this is based on my Zulu.2 headset where the Ultimate last around 70 hours of flying, the Duracell Plus Power around 30 hours and own brand batteries around 10 hours.

Coming back to your question, a friend has the PFX and that is his pet peeve about the PFX – it requires 4 AAs in comparison to the 2 in my Zulu.2 and they only last half as long as his with around 15 maximum when he’s using Duracell Plus Power batteries, less when they are cheaper models, due to the more CPU power used to map the environment and offer better noise reduction. He’s just put in a set of Energiser Ultimate Lithium – they cost around double the price of Duracell – and we’ll see what happens…..

EDL*, Germany

He’s just put in a set of Energiser Ultimate Lithium – they cost around double the price of Duracell – and we’ll see what happens…..

What was the verdict Steve6443?

Last Edited by hasimo at 27 Oct 04:00
3 Posts
Sign in to add your message