Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Installation of electronic engine monitor in EASA land: minor mod or standard change?

I have a chance to acquire at a very low cost a second hand UBG-16 engine monitor with the intention to replace CHT and EGT steam gauges which are presently installed in my panel. Installation procedure of the UBG-16 seems to be quite straightforward, the unit is TSO’d. The big question is: how should I approach the administrative aspect of such installation to make it as economical as possible? Can I treat it as a standard change under “CS-SC201a”. After all, no new functionality would be added, just a different presentation of engine temperatures.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Digital multifunction displays (Engine Analyzers) are excluded from CS-SC201a.
If your aircraft has CHT / EGT functionality as part of design, then you would not even be allowed under minor change to replace these by electronics ones. The electronic ones are not certified for primary, apart from specific ones such as JPI 900 series.

You might also need different probes when CS-STAN only allows for the new indicator, rest of installation should be the same.

You would need to apply for minor change. Also be sure to discuss with your mechanic. This modification will need signoff or mechanic and is outside the scope of owner maintenance.

Last Edited by Jesse at 15 May 07:56
JP-Avionics
EHMZ

Thank you!

3 Posts
Sign in to add your message