Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Ignition Switch Removal TB20

Hi there,

Anyone know how to remove the starter ignition switch in the pilots panel?

A new engine analyser is being fitted (CGR-30P) and we can’t work out how to access the back of the switch to attach additional wiring.

The maintenance manual doesn’t mention the removal or replacement of the switch.

This is a GT Model TB20 if that makes any difference.

Thanks.

Colin

EGLK, United Kingdom

I have never removed mine so can’t give a 1st hand report but your best bet is to get hold of the last MM CD, which appeared on Ebay, dated Feb 2006

The last edits Socata did to the MM are 2005 so that is about as recent as you can get (some part numbers have changed but these get flagged when you order parts).

If you send me your address I can help

I believe the switch is the common-as-muck type… On the TB20GT, and on the pre-GT ones after something like 1990, you can get adequate access to the back of the switch if you remove the LH inspection cover at the base of the front window, and tilt the LH instrument panel.

Removing the interior trim (which may be obscuring some screws) is easy once you know where the screws are.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Z00. 18010320E0R19

I have this MM which I believe is up to date.

Copyrighted 2011.

EGLK, United Kingdom

I wasn’t thinking of the P/N; you didn’t say you needed to replace it. I was thinking that the MM should have an exploded diagram showing the cockpit internals.

You have an ATP TB20/21 MM CD which has Socata pages dated after 2005 in the list of pages?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

They got it sorted in the end by removing the avionics cover, the air duct ventilation pipe, and the side trim, to get access to the back of the ignition switch.

Yes, the MM has dates after 2005.

Thanks.

EGLK, United Kingdom
5 Posts
Sign in to add your message