Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Certified ADS-B IN and OUT options (also collision avoidance, privacy, etc)

PilotAware shows position, altitude difference and tail # in this case where the ADSB-out source is 18 nm away:

Glenswinton, SW Scotland, United Kingdom

Jacko wrote:

PilotAware shows position, altitude difference and tail # in this case where the ADSB-out source is 18 nm away:

Yes ADS-B sources do that easily. It is the Mode C that don’t.

18nm is nothng. I have detected them at over 100nm.

EGTK Oxford
Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I am not sure if the “burglary” angle has been used before. Which countries publish home addresses of owners? The UK CAA does (G-INFO) but there are ways around it e.g. if using a company, you can use the accountant’s address. The only drawback is that the accountant then gets all the mailings… With N-reg there is no readily accessible owner address either.

Administrator

Peter wrote:

Which countries publish home addresses of owners?

The Hungarian CAA certainly does.

Last Edited by JnsV at 12 Jun 18:07
Hajdúszoboszló LHHO

Peter wrote:

Which countries publish home addresses of owners?

The Swedish does, on request. (Not on the web, but e-mail is fine.) Required by our constitution.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Further to my post above

I have put a query to a UK shop on whether the ADS-B IN upgrade exists

a week later I have heard nothing so it looks like this Avidyne TAS6xx ADS-B IN upgrade is nonexistent.

I wonder if @avijake or @avisimpson know anything about this?

Administrator

The ADS-B In upgrade to TAS units is not available yet. It is one of the top priorities for completion. It is queued up behind the ADS-B In software updates for the MFDs (EX500/600 and EX5000) and R9.

Thank you @AviSimpson … do you know if an existing TAS605 → KMD550 (ARINC429) installation will display ADS-B OUT emitting aircraft?

Administrator

It will display ADS-B targets but via the active interrogation of the aircraft transponder. ARINC429 will not display ADS-B traffic symbology.

Sign in to add your message