Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Arrogant Bose (broken plastic parts, and how to get them repaired)

The reason for a DIY ANR kit is that the DC ANR headset new is about 750 pounds new, but you can adapt yourself an ANR headset for little more than 250 (130 for the kit and 120 for a second hand one – which of course you may well own already).

They do quite well in this review:

http://www.anrman.co.uk/ref_files/ANR_comparison_Flyer_Jan08.pdf

Last Edited by kwlf at 09 Feb 18:40

I have a little update here, finally I got STL format 3D model, little bit improved with section, which was prone to cracking, beefed up. Now ready to go for 3D printing. Will let you know whether the printouts are good enough to be used on the actual headsets.

LKHK, Czech Republic

Brilliant work, Pytlak.

Must have taken you for ever to draw that detail.

Presumably this could be printed in sintered aluminium, too, for a bit more but much stronger?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I must confess that it was relatively easy to make the 3D model as I happen to have my office in the same building as some guys that are in the crane design business, equipped with Solidworks and tons of experience . Their team leader is a former Aero Vodochody engineer so now it has real aviation background and could be possibly certified now .

Printing in sintered aluminium is a good idea but it could work well in plastic as it is now beefed up in the section, which was prone to cracking. Also, easily reproduced if needed…

LKHK, Czech Republic

Pytlak wrote:

it could work well in plastic as it is now beefed up in the section
3D printed plastic, typically SLS, has much lower mechanical properties (all of them) than the same injected. So you’ll need to upgrade the material and/or the design quite a bit to match the original. Or be ready to change it regularly.
Peter wrote:
Presumably this could be printed in sintered aluminium, too, for a bit more but much stronger
This aluminium brace will bring a noticeable weight imbalance, unless you change both sides.

ESMK, Sweden

I am not yet sure, which 3D printing technology will be used, I need to experiment a little bit. Having a precise 3D model is a good start, now I need to try different production methods to find what works the best. That is my plan.

LKHK, Czech Republic

Dear All
Does anyone know where to repair a Bose X Headets? Bose is no longer supporting the repair of BoseX units, so it must be done on a different location.
I found an US repair center for Bose and other brands of Headsets: fixheadphonesusa, But I would like to know if there there is any similar shop / service in Europe?
Thanks!
Fredi

Last Edited by CostaLeite at 19 Mar 00:06
Portugal

The problem is that Bose have no components for the series X. What is wrong with yours.

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

Nowadays this would be solved with some 3D design and either printing, or CNC if strength is needed (and then you can sell the parts).

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Depending on what you need I can send you the remains of 3 of them.

Private field, Mallorca, Spain
Sign in to add your message