Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

PS Engineering PAR 200A--option for the 8.33 Upgrade folk? (also: warranty policy)

This exchange of messages came a little late for me. I’m moving forward with Garmin 345 + 225A + G5.

Tököl LHTL

Be aware that you can not stream and hook up a phone or iPad at the same time with the GMA345

Mark

PS Engineering, Inc.
KTYS Knoxville, TN

Back to the original question, the PMA200 is an ideal 8.33 solution it brings together a very reliable Trig radio and a first class audio panel.

I have used PS engineering products on a number of projects and have never had a problem, ( one unit has given 20 years of faultless service ). Like wise I have yet to have a Trig product fail.

For a personal aircraft I would go for a PS engineering product, for my working fleet I have chosen the Garmin GMA340 as I can get very quick replacement units and I don’t think that most of the people who are training on my aircraft have the capacity to use the features on a more complex product and it may well confuse some of them.

Oh ! I should mention I have no connection with PS engineering except as a very happy customer.

I can see the argument for the questions about installation when a product is allegedly faulty from day 1. or “dead on arrival”
I do not think the same arguments apply if the product has been installed, has worked for months, then packs up. That is most likely to be a faulty part not faulty wiring.

Darley Moor, Gamston (UK)

I have a PMA6000 audio panel in my homebuilt, which I wired myself. It has worked flawlessly for years, but I would not consider the job to be trivial. I used color coded Tefzel wire and it took a long time. The separate grounds are quite tricky and the installation instructions need to be followed carefully. In fact I consider audio panel wiring to be one of the more challenging aeroelectric tasks. In the USA, the installation cost is considered to be equal to the purchase price.
I thought I had a problem the other day when I took another pilot for a flight and the squelch seemed to have failed. In fact it came from his David Clark headset, which are known to have sensitive microphones. In French audio panels are called boites de mélange (mixing (up) boxes) and they are rarely understood by aeroclub pilots.
Simon

Just and update, as of yesterday, the PAR200A can now be purchased with the TRIG TY-92L which provides 16 watts of output power.

PS Engineering, Inc.
KTYS Knoxville, TN
16 Posts
Sign in to add your message