Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

T300 Synchro Lasar Ignition Timing Light Tool

A long shot, but does anyone know where I could get my hands on T300 Lasar Ignition Timing Tool ?

Thanks!

Bordeaux

Google finds it on Amazon USA who won’t ship over here but if you can find a friend in the USA… There are also mail forwarding services out there.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Thanks @Peter!

Please let me know if anyone manages to track one down closer to home (Europe)

Bordeaux

You don’t need to google for more than a few mins to find loads of posts on US RV etc forums indicating that the company has basically vanished as of about 2012. There are suggestions that some parts were sold to Champion and others. So if you actually want that timing tool the best thing is to work some contact in the USA.

And it may not be available anyway. Lots of oddball stuff listed “in stock” on Amazon doesn’t actually exist.

The standard procedure is to get the person in the USA to post it normal airmail, with copious grease stains all over it, and with the paperwork sent by airmail separately. Description: secondhand timing indicator. Value for customs $100.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

So if you actually want that timing tool the best thing is to work some contact in the USA.

Ask your European magneto overhaul shop, they will have one available for repairs / overhaul etc. They might be able to assist you.

JP-Avionics
EHMZ

Peter wrote:

You don’t need to google for more than a few mins to find loads of posts on US RV etc forums indicating that the company has basically vanished as of about 2012.

What do you mean? That’s like saying Bendix dual magneto’s don’t excist anymore as they are partially unsupported.
Slick is still around, owned by Champion. They still make very good magneto’s (IMHO better then most Bendix Magneto’s) apart from Bendix 1200 series magneto’s, which are huge but are very good performers.

The lasar magneto line was a product line of Slick are electronic controlled magneto’s. They didn’t make up their expectations from gain in fuel saving, and wheren’t so reliable as the normal Slick magneto’s, making Slick lasar line magneto’s quite rare nowadays.

Construction of Slick magneto’s is mechanically much simpler. Bendix magnetos can easily be ruined by impropper assembly, which often happens, mainly at factory new or factory overhauled magneto’s. The fitting between the upper and lower part of the housing on this Bendix Single magneto’s determine the play of the rotor axle, which is a poor construction methode. This isn’t an issue on the dual Bendix magnetos nor the 1200 series. The dual magneto however has weak points of its own.

JP-Avionics
EHMZ

Jojo wrote:

A long shot, but does anyone know where I could get my hands on T300 Lasar Ignition Timing Tool ?

Thanks!

I just sold one, but you might be able to borrow it from the new owner in the UK.

I’ll PM you

FAA A&P/IA
LFPN

Thank you @Michael for the lead which I will follow up, thanks also @Jesse

Bordeaux
8 Posts
Sign in to add your message