Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

EDM700 (3.125 inch version) compatible alternative engine monitor?

Peter I put in the G2 from Insight Avionics. It fits into the standard hole and plugs into the existing probes. I had the GEM and just swapped it out with little work in the back. It is certified as primary instrument

Last Edited by placido at 25 Apr 19:07
LSZH

Interesting… many thanks Placido.

To get the 3.125" size one would need the G4

I would need to check that the fuel flow option and some other stuff can be disabled and not just show as 0.0 for example. Also I can’t find the memory capacity – one of the main EDM700 hassles. If it just fills the SD card, that’s fine.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I don’t know which transducers the G models connect with as in my case I have a native Insight fuel flow system due to my TAS1000 ADC.

LSZH

I have emailed Insight, asking whether the partial functionality is possible to configure.

On a quick read of the IM it looks like the fuel flow sensor can be shared between two units. Well obviously it can be done, like anything else, but the Q is whether they cover the case of one of the units going dead and pulling down the supply to the sensor.

Administrator

Reply from Insight:

That makes sense, though it almost certainly means that if the existing fuel totaliser instrument (which in effect powers the transducer) dies, you will lose the signal.

Funnily enough there is a 3 year old Insight G4 thread here and it has some really interesting comments I wonder if @commander is still here and can report?

Administrator
15 Posts
Sign in to add your message