Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

EASA validation of FAA STCs classified as Basic and limited to one serial number (FAA and EASA Aviation Safety Agreement)

Peter wrote:

But this is for CofA aircraft, not Annex 1.

Many Annex 1 aircraft have a full ICAO-compliant CofA.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Yes; I said that above, as a potentially valuable combination.

But the bottom line here is that with the PA18 you cannot make use of EASA principles – because it is Annex 1, despite having a CofA. What matters is what the inspector working for the State of Registry accepts (the local version of the UK LAA inspector) which will to a significant degree depend on which side of the bed he fell off that morning.

I can’t readily see what registry hypoxiacub is under. Well, I could dig around his various published articles, looking for photos, but it may have changed. Here it was N-reg, or maybe Swedish.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I used this when I solved the overheating problem in our Bonanza by installing the baffle kits for all cylinders incl. the enhanced louvres.

Safe landings !
EDLN, Germany

Has anybody used this EASA validation procedure recently?
I´m looking to install a EI FP-5L fuel calculator (got the 8130-3 form), and no EASA STC exists from the OEM, but there is an FAA STC and my airplane is on the FAA AML.
Just wondering what´s the most recent charges to be expected and imposed by EASA for this simple one-off STC?

Last Edited by Yeager at 05 Feb 15:19
Socata Rally MS.893E
Portugal

You could even install it under CS-STAN (CS-SC208a), in which case no STC or STC validation is needed.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

boscomantico wrote:

You could even install it under CS-STAN (CS-SC208a), in which case no STC or STC validation is needed.

Really? Pardon my ignorance, but this also involves the installation of a fuel transducer in the fuel supply line to the engine. The CS-STAN procedure is acceptable to a part-CAO on certified ELPs for this installation?

Socata Rally MS.893E
Portugal

I gave you the applicable section of CS-STAN. Check the details with your avionics installer. It has to be released to service of course.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 05 Feb 15:38
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

boscomantico wrote:

I gave you the applicable section of CS-STAN. Check the details with your avionics installer. It has to be released to service of course.

Okidokie. Very useful reference. I don´t see why not to use the CS-STAN for a none primary engine instrument, it´s also pretty much specifically described in the part you reference. I will forward to the CAO. Cheers.

Last Edited by Yeager at 05 Feb 15:53
Socata Rally MS.893E
Portugal
48 Posts
Sign in to add your message