Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Misc. electronic conspicuity boxes: Garrecht / Air Avionics / TRX-1500A / Air Connect / PAW / PilotAware / LXnav / PowerMouse / FlarmMouse / Flarm / Uavionix / SkyEcho / SafeSky

Levil introduced a brand new device at Sun’n Fun, The Astro.

Astro Link
Get into the skies with one of the most reliable wireless avionics module available in the market today. Meet the Astro Link, an affordable portable device that combines a state-of-the-art aviation grade AHRS technology, dual-band ADS-B Receiver, and an internal WAAS GPS for navigation. This USA made device brings peace of mind to every pilot by offering a progressive back-up solution at any time. The Astro Link is capable of driving Synthetic vision displays and provides navigation information you need to turn your tablet into a real glass panel.

Price: $ 599
Last Edited by LeSving at 07 Apr 07:36
The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

That is dual band ADS-B IN.

BTW the original iLevil thread is here. To me, the original product seemed like someone buying up a load of off the shelf modules or chips (like an AHRS module) and putting it all in a box and selling it as a solution for a load of problems which didn’t really exist But perhaps some people have found it useful.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

and selling it as a solution for a load of problems which didn’t really exist

You have to take the price into account. $600 for a device that does a lot of more or less useful stuff will sell, especially when it comes with loads of apps for your tablet, phone or PC.

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

Today I took this SoftRF unit up for test and I was pleased to see that it works. It was identified on the OGN network. I have included the screenshot I took on teh phone (TA in blue is me).

EDMB, Germany

Further to this Barton activity above, this local copy has appeared.

It would appear that this guy thinks he’s running Heathrow Airport

Administrator

Peter wrote:

It would appear that this guy thinks he’s running Heathrow Airport

What I get from the article is that NATS think he is running Heathrow

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

Hi guys,

i’m rising again this topic as we are facing serious issues with Garrecht and hopefully some of you know them or can suggest a way to solve this issue.

To make the long story short we have bought a VT01 mode S transponder few years back, and have been happy users since the beginning, this until this last june.

The trasponder failed as we were flying in controlled airspace and showed the error fail (image below) showing there was a problem with the transmission. We checked cables, antenna, everything, and it was clear that the issue was inside the TXP.
We then contacted Air Avionics and had many email’s exchange with Marc F. to find a solution as apparently this is a well known issue. We agreed to send the trasponder to them, have it checked and then, depending on what the failure was we’ll see whether it would be covered by them. the guarantee is expired but since it’s a known issue they said that they will cover the repair for it if that’s indeed the problem.

Biggest problem is that, after they received the transponder (mid of JUNE) we just had a last email were they confirmed they have received and will reply shortly, and the after that, nothing more!
When i say nothing i mean nothing, me and my partner have sent many reminders asking for news, update, anything, we never got a reply. We called the number showned on the website, but only ever got andwered by an answer machine, no one EVER answered the phone (my partner also speaks german so that would have been even easier). we also saw on the website they were on holidays mid of July, but promised that all items received before end of june would be returned before holidays, and also guranteed replies to emails and call. we got none of that, and now that the holidays are over, still the same story.

Now it’s been more than 5 weeks that our transponder is sitting in their lab, we don’t know what the issue was, if they are repairing it, if they will cover the expenses as promised (as i’m sure it’s the well known issue that caused the problem) or if ever they will send it back to us!

Our aircraft has been without a transponder for almost 2 months now and flying in northen italy where most of the sky is controlled zone, this means that we have only been capable of doing local flights, which is the last thing i like doing with my aircraft, especially this time of the year.

This attitude is anecceptable, still before proceeding down the legal way (last thing we want to do, but feels like we have not many options), i’m doing a last try here, as i see many of you seem to know the Garrecht team very well and maybe can help in getting them assist us.

thanks to anyone who will give their help.

here’s an image of the failure we’ve had:

LILC, Italy

Can anyone confirm whether Garrecht are still in business? From the above it doesn’t sound like it.

Administrator

they are now called Air Avionics, and until beginning of July have indeed answered. if they asked me to send the transponder in, knowing they will close down after one week, well that would be insane!

LILC, Italy

You could place an order in their online shop for something trivial and see if it arrives

Administrator
Sign in to add your message