Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Misc. electronic conspicuity boxes: Garrecht / Air Avionics / TRX-1500A / Air Connect / PAW / PilotAware / LXnav / PowerMouse / FlarmMouse / Flarm / Uavionix / SkyEcho / SafeSky

While it is not perfect it does significantly load the dice in my favour.

I have fitted it and I’m happy. What really worries me is how much traffic my mk1 eyeball doesn’t detect.

United Kingdom

@mdoerr wrote:

I have fitted it and I’m happy. What really worries me is how much traffic my mk1 eyeball doesn’t detect.

Can you remind us with which screen and antennas you use it ?
Would take a picture for us ?

Here you go, it is a good coverage I think. I have no idea about the behind panel working I’m afraid.

Now retired from forums best wishes

Thanks ! @Balliol
That’s really interesting.

Very last question: do you spot a lot of FLARM targets ?

I would expect Balliol’s lookout to be highly effective, because with all those antennae his plane is gonna be flying at no more than 60kt

I do like the IFF one, BTW. Can I get one too?

But seriously, were all these done as a part of the TAS605+SN3500 upgrade?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Yes I believe there was a TAS upgrade, then a FLARM upgrade later on. The situational awareness both systems give is amazing compared to the experience in the average flying club machine. Of course it needs a threatening aircraft to be technically cooperating in some way though – hopefully the culture in GA is slowly on the turn in that regard!

Nice compact idea for ADS-B Out | WAAS GPS | Encoder | LED Nav Light (Uavionix Tailbeacon)

https://uavionix.com/products/tailbeacon/

fly2000

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

you got me Peter!!!

so still a nice idea, but not a lot of use for us in europe than!!!

fly2000
Sign in to add your message