Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Your instrument panel

jwoolard wrote:

I can see the ergonomic argument for that, but its a pain to install. CBs are a lot easier when you can run a bus bar down a whole row on one side.

Another significant issue in federated CB distribution is that you end up with loads of unprotected feeders and therefore a much higher risk of fire due to short circuits. Not a good idea at all!

Avionics geek.
Somewhere remote in Devon, UK.

Good point!

Our RV will only have two unprotected wires aft of the firewall – to carry the main and aux busses to the CB panels. We’ll even tie the alternators in forward of the firewall (with fusible links to protect the alternators from an overcurrent).

EGEO

The battery to starter motor wire run cannot be practically protected but everything else should be CB-protected.

Grouping the CBs enables a quick visual check if any have popped. In fact I cannot see any advantage in un-grouping the CBs.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

This is the current situation in my MJ-2. Besides a radio it has all I’ll need for this bird.

mh
Aufwind GmbH
EKPB, Germany

What a mess

EDLE

My A36 panel. Planning to change standby instruments to glass this winter.

Spending too long online
EGTF Fairoaks, EGLL Heathrow, United Kingdom

Thanks MH. Good to see someone else with a hole in the panel.

Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom

@Mooney_Driver what is this Trig ADSB-out device of which you speak? I can’t find it on their website, only transponders, and I have a transponder already.

Flying a TB20 out of EGTR
Elstree (EGTR), United Kingdom

Howard

The trig transponder will do ADS-B out provided you have it connected to a GPS data source and it has the latest issue of the software installed .

I see from the photo of your panel that you have a compatible GPS so there is not much for you to do to get ADS-B functioning on your Aircraft.

Last Edited by A_and_C at 12 Dec 22:05

@A_and_C thanks but I know I can swap out my transponder to sort out ADSB-out. I’m rather hoping that there will be a cheaper solution. I think Garmin are talking about a little box that will hide behind the panel and connect to any transponder and broadcast ADSB-out with almost no install expense. I think.

Maybe for £2,000 plus install (TT31) I should just go ahead, but if there really is going to be a cheap solution then the take-up will be faster and we’ll all benefit.

Flying a TB20 out of EGTR
Elstree (EGTR), United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message