Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Garmin 255A

Had the above installed in November 2016.
I had no side tone for 12 months, difficult to take a/c to installers as it is a couple of hours away from home base.
Asked for it to be checked at annual renewal Nov 2017.

I have side tone now but the mush/ static noise is so great it makes the radio almost unusable.
Phoned the installer not terrible interested said he could talk me through adjustments
Any thoughts please

OAP (Old Aged Pilot)
EGHQ Newquay

You can get into the configuration menus (IIRC) by turning the unit on while holding down the ENT button (I would have to check the manual to ensure that’s true).

You may want to sanity check some settings, e.g. if you have a separate intercom, you’ll want to ensure the radio’s built-in intercom is disabled. Side tone settings are in this configuration menu (including a configuration item to put the side tone setting in the radio’s regular non-setup menu).

The installation manual is here: http://www.seam-avionic.com/pdf/a9hdjzromj.pdf [ local copy ] and it describes how to get into and use the configuration settings.

Andreas IOM

Many thanks, for the reply, I do have a hard copy of the instructions,however I could not get the book to agree with what I am seeing on the set.
I will try again.
I am one of those people if it works when I switch it on I am happy, if not
I am stuffed.

OAP (Old Aged Pilot)
EGHQ Newquay
3 Posts
Sign in to add your message