Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

iPad mounts (merged thread)

We have mounted a swiveling alu plate in the Yak for easier access to some switches . The tablet is fixed with velcro that works perfectly well. You can adjust the amount of velcro to the actual needs as you like it. So I don´t see a problem for the tablet provided it is no crap. The gap of velcro between tablet and alu plate may help in cooling. OK, the tablet is the job of the navigator in the righthand seat . . . Vic

vic
EDME

Hello all.

Just started flying a beautiful TB20GT, G500 retrofitted.

I bought some RAM MOUNT components for mounting my Ipad MIni on the yoke (clamp for yoke mounting, double socket arm, and tite tab).

Problem is with this configuration, Ipad is way too high on the yoke, masking the view of the G500.

I was thinking maybe connecting two socket arm to make him descend a little bit, but I wanted to know if any of you had Ipad mini installations on their TB20, and which components you use.

Thank you.

LFBZ, France

Hi Jeff,

I tried to mount my Ipad Mini in my TB20, trying different RAM mount configurations and finally gave up due to lack of suitable space using Universal Mini Kneeboard Folio C from Mygoflight instead. I use RAM MOUNT only in helicopters where I find it much more practical and was able to find a suitable location for both R44 and EC120. Post a picture if you manage to put your Ipad Mini in a TB20 reasonably, without obscuring view of other instruments or blocking the controls movement.

LKHK, Czech Republic

I don’t think you can mount anything that big in a TB20, without obscuring some instruments. I’ve seen lots of attempts and would regard none of them as acceptable.

One could mount a smartphone in the middle of the yoke and that’s about it.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

7’’ tablet works well (actually have them on both sides now.
ipad mini i found as 7,9’’ – should work – depending on size of pilot (leg strength – as it has to move down to prevent covering instruments)
Fixed using a Garmin mount and some velcro

Looks like it blocks HSI and vario, but it doesn’t.

Last Edited by ch.ess at 02 Aug 10:27
EDM_, Germany

The mounting adopted by ch.ess is the one I’m looking forward.

Tried to suctioned it to the window, but that ended in front of my eyes.

Will try to manage something which is easily removable (not my aircraft).

LFBZ, France

I happened to find this offered cheaply second hand.

garmin mount

I did cut out some material with a Dremel to get the thing as close to the yoke padding as possible…

Last Edited by ch.ess at 02 Aug 17:22
EDM_, Germany

I would not mount anything on the yoke.
In case of a crash this is where your head might hit and hence the soft material of the yoke.

I have seen some nice solutions in the message board of https://www.socata.org with the iPad on the side mounted on the throttle pedestal or simply on your right leg.
Just search “ipad mount” there.

Last Edited by petakas at 04 Aug 19:04
LGMG Megara, Greece

Maybe, maybe not. Many planes have an Astroclock there, or a stopwatch.
Both not quite a form of accident padding.
I like my nav support just there – short of a heads up display ;-)

EDM_, Germany

I mounted mine iPad Mini to the passenger seat rail. It has a few advantages I personally like:
a) No obstruction of panel
b) I can twist it slightly to remove any residual glare (not possible with Yoke mount)
c) I can twist it to copilot side (for assistance for example)
d) Power input is right above cigarette lighter, allowing super short USB cable, hence no dangling cables all over the place
e) Rock solid (i.e. no shaking)

RAM POD I Universal No-Drill™ Vehicle Laptop Mount

Last Edited by Lucius at 05 Aug 20:28
United States
Sign in to add your message