Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Meet-up Sunday 02 August - LFAT, France

Should have looked at the forum…I was there on Sunday and saw your plane Peter. I ended up parked in the disused runway section haven’t seen it that busy for a long time. Flew VFR and got cleared straight in for 13 report 4nm final! A good day for TCAS!

Last Edited by Alex_ at 03 Aug 16:09
Alex
Shoreham (EGKA) White Waltham (EGLM), United Kingdom

Where did you eat? I was there on Saturday. Nice walk into town but I haven’t much experience in the restaurants in Le Touquet.

L2K is always a zoo on a sunny weekend, which is why one needs to get there early, e.g. before 1000 local time. I got there 1030L and it was pretty full.

It was a super day – thank you all for coming

I got my money’s worth out of the IR – straight in

Well, got vectors to do one orbit before that

Departure, got cleared FL090 on the runway heading (13!) and then left to LYD

ATC were managing very well, with specific instructions on what to do or not to do, clearing people to land and adding “traffic on the runway will be gone in 10 seconds”. Very pragmatic and useful but would never be allowed in the UK.

I think the Eurocontrol slot was just a joke, because nearly all the traffic would have been VFR.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

L2K was an absolute zoo when I arrived shortly before 10:30Z. I got to park on the last row of airplanes that was not full on the apron, and by the time I left the airplane, the row was full. Lots of radio transmissions stepping on others, planes not where they were supposed to be etc… No wonder they introduced flow control.

LFPT, LFPN

Lucky you, the next one got almost 2 hours slot.

LSZK, Switzerland

I filed it IFR (EGKA SFD LYD LFAT) and got a Eurocontrol slot, 5 mins delay, due to “ATC capacity in arrival phase”

And it’s getting worse. Eurocontrol is trying to limit the British invasion during the French lunch break so you all better go VFR!

Administrator

What has materialised is that a good group of us will be meeting up for lunch at Le Touquet tomorrow

Administrator

At Granville there is the Relais des Isles. http://www.hotel-restaurant-lerelaisdesiles.com/

It is a short walk of about 1/4 mile north along the beach.

EGBP Kemble, United Kingdom

Is the restaurant at Calais LFAC open these days? I’ve lost track of it.

It was open last week when I have been there.

EDDS , Germany

Sun/Mon still looks good…

Administrator
19 Posts
Sign in to add your message