Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Meetup at Speyer EDRY - summer 2016

Speyer posts moved to this thread from elsewhere

If the date fits, I’m in for a (day-)trip to Speyer.

LOAN Wiener Neustadt Ost, Austria

Speaking of Speyer and its technology museum, there is also a sister museum at Sinsheim EDTK, 18 NM away from Speyer EDRY. Speyer has a 747 and a Buran, Sinsheim has a Concorde and a Tu-144. I’m told each of the two museums can easily take a whole day. Their joint web site is here.

Last Edited by Ultranomad at 19 May 11:35
LKBU (near Prague), Czech Republic

Is it considered outside of Bavaria?

That point is a assured. So it is abroad for the Bavarian.

United Kingdom

C210_Flyer wrote:

Is it considered outside of Bavaria?

Living only a few miles from Speyer, I can confirm that it is outside Bavaria! At least today it is. Palatinate, where it is located, once belonged to Bavaria, but that was long ago. Any particular reservation against flying to Bavaria? ;-)

EDFM (Mannheim), Germany

Perhaps he doesn’t like Weißwurst – though I’ll bet you that can be had in Speyer too.

More seriously, may I suggest splitting off the Speyer trip to a thread of its own? I am all for it, but it isn’t what I had in mind when starting the present thread.

[done]

Last Edited by at 19 May 14:29
EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

In another thread, a lot of interest was expressed for a meetup at Speyer EDRY. Positive reports about the on-airport museum and also about the historical city centre aka Altstadt.

Myself am always interested to meet fellow aviators, but this one is a bit difficult: the museum takes a couple of hours, for a proper visit, but that would make a day-trip impossible except with extremely benign weather – morning haze often keeps me from early departures. For an overnight stay I am afraid the place might be prohibitively expensive – thus, if a multiday meet is decided upon, I might as well visit with my campervan.

Who would be interested, and when, either for a day trip or for a week-end?

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

Jan_Olieslagers wrote:

For an overnight stay I am afraid the place might be prohibitively expensive

For mid-July, booking.com shows single rooms at Sinsheim starting from 30 EUR. Not really prohibitive. Also, unlike EDRY, EDTK is a grass airfield with mostly glider operations – maybe they will allow camping under the wing?

LKBU (near Prague), Czech Republic

EDTK does not allow visitors to land. I tried.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Ultranomad wrote:

Also, unlike EDRY, EDTK is a grass airfield with mostly glider operations – maybe they will allow camping under the wing?

Forget EDTK – they won’t allow foreign aircraft to land.

Bosco, you were faster

Last Edited by europaxs at 19 May 16:58
EDLE

How about Saturday 25th June for Speyer?

EGTK Oxford
11 Posts
Sign in to add your message