Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

MEP on DA42 report

Airborne_Again wrote:

dim enough to not be visible in daylight.

I tried very hard on daylight that I did consider them off, need to re-check them during night hours

Last Edited by Ibra at 04 Sep 16:25
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Seemingly the dimming of these 3 green lights is considered more important than the lack of certainty in having the gear down. If I can’t see 3 green lights at night in the DA42 due to a dimmer switch set a certain way, there is in my view something very wrong with the design of that aircraft.

EDLE, Netherlands

At OP: Congratulations!

Three greens are clearly visible day and night in DA42. If you’re unsure you can play with flood light and you have gear test switch to cofirm.

Usage of alternate air is clearly specified on checklist.

In-air stops can be hard for timing chain on AE300 engines in case of windmilling and that’s why key restars are specified as way to go.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

AeroPlus wrote:

Seemingly the dimming of these 3 green lights is considered more important than the lack of certainty in having the gear down

If they were at bright daylight setting at night, they would be very distracting and also ruin whatever little night vision you have. I would agree, though, that dimming them so far that they are not visible at night is a bit too far, and certainly a flaw.

Biggin Hill

Cobalt wrote:

If they were at bright daylight setting at night, they would be very distracting and also ruin whatever little night vision you have.

Exactly. Anybody who tried this in DA42 knows what you’re writing about.

. I would agree, though, that dimming them so far that they are not visible at night is a bit too far, and certainly a flaw.

But that’s not the case. After some 80 night hours (and total over 500) in DA42 I believe I can say that.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia
25 Posts
Sign in to add your message