Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Micro-Flo L Reset

Hello there.
Quick question, but I don’t find any reference in the PIM or the manufacturer manual.

The TB20 I fly on is equipped with a Micro-Flo L.

I don’t find how to reset the fuel used except by adding or substracting fuel.

I’d like to reset it on each flight even if I did not refuel.

Everywhere in the manual it says the value is cleared when fuel added/substracted or unit reseted, but they don’t say how to reset it.

Thank you for your help.

LFBZ, France

What do you mean by Reset? To zero?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

What do you mean by Reset? To zero?

Exactly.

Ex : the day before yesterday, I flew from Pau to Biarritz.
On landing, I used 7.2 USG.

On the next day, the fuel flow still read Used Fuel 7.2 USG.
I wanted to get a “0.0” on Used Fuel before startup, so I exactly knew the fuel used on this flight.
Instead, I had to substract 7.2 on all my calculations to get the fuel used on this flight.

LFBZ, France

I have the earlier (TBM700) version of the Microflo and that doesn’t have such a function, and AFAIK neither has yours. I have never heard of such a function.

Normally one uses these fuel totalisers as follows:

Fill up, and set the instrument to read full tanks (82 USG on a TB20) – it is not possible set a higher figure because (legally) of the certification requirement and (practically) there is a second level of factory config where the “ceiling” is configured (and some versions are hard-coded).

During the flight, the instrument sends the current fuel amount, and the flow rate, to the GPS which continuously calculates the Landing Fuel on Board (LFOB). That figure drives your in-flight decisionmaking re diversions etc.

Upon landing, you can write down the remaining fuel in the plog, for records etc.

The instrument is not touched until the next fillup (except at startup, to read the current FOB).

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

okay, thanks for the tip ;)

LFBZ, France
5 Posts
Sign in to add your message