Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Monday 13/11/17 - where shall I go and what shall I do?

I’ve just renewed my SEP rating and have flown a little in the last few weeks following a fairly long absence from the skies.

On Monday I have the day booked off work and the aeroplane booked all day. TB10 out of White Waltham.

Ideas?

EGLM & EGTN

Le Touquet, of course! I know it is regarded as corny but it’s a brilliant place and ticks all the boxes.

I wish I could join you but I am stuck in the office on weekdays for the next week or so. Well, probably… EDIT: may be able to.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I’ve been there toooooooo many times.

EGLM & EGTN

How far would you like to go ?
Compton Abbas looks nice for a lunch run.
LFRD Dinard or LFRG Deauville are pleasant like Le Touquet but you’ll need a taxi to go downtown.

LFOU, France

Peter wrote:

Le Touquet, of course! I know it is regarded as corny but it’s a brilliant place and ticks all the boxes.

Like Peter says its a good destination no matter how many times you have been there, I would hire a bike a cycle to this place ….

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g227608-d8389332-Reviews-Burger_Fermier-Le_Touquet_Paris_Plage_Pas_de_Calais_Hauts_de_France.html

It will be the best burger that you will have had this year….so its up the main street, when you get to the junction by the Perard fish restaurant turn right instead of left and its 300m on the r/h side ….. 49 rue de Calais, 62520 Le Touquet – Paris-Plage, France

Graham wrote:

toooooooo many times

Then consider stretching your wings just a little bit further? EBKT Kortrijk, EBAW Antwerpen, EBOS Oostende are all in easy reach, all have customs and fuel and a restaurant. Welcome to Belgium!

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

quatrelle wrote:

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g227608-d8389332-Reviews-Burger_Fermier-Le_Touquet_Paris_Plage_Pas_de_Calais_Hauts_de_France.html
It will be the best burger that you will have had this year….so its up the main street, when you get to the junction by the Perard fish restaurant turn right instead of left and its 300m on the r/h side ….. 49 rue de Calais, 62520 Le Touquet – Paris-Plage, France

I can absolutely second this place. I’ve been to LFAT four or five times this year and it’s worth going back for the burgers alone

Last Edited by Dino at 09 Nov 19:15

As for “what to do”: fly into EBKT Kortrijk and visit the WW1 remembrances – battle of Passendale exactly 100 years ago now – the Canadian honour services are in full sway. If you can stay the night, assist the sounding of “The Last Post” in Ieper – bloodchilling. And visit Tyne Cot cemetary where my godfather was a gardener.

Last Edited by at 09 Nov 19:26
EBZH Kiewit, Belgium
8 Posts
Sign in to add your message