Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Mysteries of Eurocontrol

Not sure what you mean by that – it has a perfectly fine approach, it even has a DME arc.

LDLO is IFR only when towered. Outside that period it’s VFR airport. So based on your ETA (day of week), you have to submit appropriate plan that includes switching to VFR at some point. Although you can file IFR arrival/approach (due to lack of implementation of this rule within Eurocontrol), ATC will warn you about this on arrival.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

You may not be able to file an IFR departure from LDLO or LDSB if not towered. I had this problem. Arrival is fine; Zagreb or Pula radar etc will “invite” you can cancel IFR.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

You may not be able to file an IFR departure from LDLO or LDSB if not towered. I had this problem.

But you can easily solve it with Zulu plan and staring IFR at any of neighbouring points, in these cases VORs PUL and SPL respectively.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Last Edited by Snoopy at 10 Aug 09:40
always learning
LO__, Austria

What’s that? IFR routing with FL105 and FL125 in it??! Weird…

I guess that will be FL110 and FL130 in practice.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

The point is to get a validated route conforming to Eurocontrol and go fly. Everything else will be negotiated enroute with ATC 👍.

105/125 were the restrictions in this case. It would also work with 110/125 obviously.

Last Edited by Snoopy at 10 Aug 11:07
always learning
LO__, Austria

I typed all this into Foreflight, filed it and…. it works!!! (Well, Eurocontrol accepted it). Many thanks. I hadn’t thought of the trick of specifying the altitude at ENOBA.

I guess on Sunday I’ll find out what really happens. Thanks to everyone on the thread for helping.

LFMD, France

What happened to the routes I posted?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

What happened to the routes I posted?

The outward one is what I’ve filed. The return one involves the long dogleg out to Corsica. It’s what I would have filed if Snoopy hadn’t shown me the altitude trick for going to BORDA without needing to file the whole thing at FL140.

LFMD, France

105/125 were the restrictions in this case. It would also work with 110/125 obviously.

Oops. This should read „…110/130..“

always learning
LO__, Austria
Sign in to add your message