Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Here is how it’s turned out today, after over 2 months : I still have no STC and no APRS, but I just received a new Aircraft Station Licence with the TY91 written on it.

This means that, since I don’t have the STC, I can’t install it inside the aircraft, and I can’t get the APRS. But since I received the Aircraft Station Licence, this allows me to use the TY91 inside the aircraft. That’s great : I can’t install it, but if it’s inside the aircraft, I can use it, so let’s use it and hope that I will be able to install it officially soon enough !

Here is the answer from TRIG, that confirms this issue :
“We have currently got Minor Change instructions for the Robin DR400 submitted for approval with the CAA, but they are busy and unusually slow to respond. It may be the same for your dealer and this process would normally take around 4 weeks. I will contact the CAA and try speed up the process but we really are just waiting on them to review and respond to our instructions.
The TY91 has been accepted on the French homologation list and is approved to be used in France. The Minor Change is controlled by EASA and they have to approve the installation instructions for each particular aircraft.”

This is so stupid : EASA has not confirmed the installation instructions, but the French Authorities already approved its use !!!

So let’s use it !

LFOZ Orleans, France, France

That is the high standard of service that you can expect from EASA !

You might want to call “Avionics Service East” http://www.avionicsserviceeast.de They are not big but they are a full part 21 organisation. Usually they charge a flat fee of 450 Euro + VAT for minor changes. And if the person responsible is not on holidays they can get it done in a few days.

www.ing-golze.de
EDAZ
13 Posts
Sign in to add your message