Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

GoGetAir G750

Peter wrote:

Bottom line is there is zero enforcement, not least because nobody in the tower is likely to notice. However, there have been reports (on EuroGA IIRC) that German UL meetups (and UL meetups tend to be big) have been hit by LBA inspectors looking for exactly this – although the UL border crossing matrix is not the same as the Annex 1 border crossing matrix. But this one may not be in any of these and then you have a third option.

The reality here is that people resident in Germany are legally not allowed to fly foreign registered ultralights and this is what the LBA are clamping down on – chances are they will find a foreign registered UL and can ask the pilot where he lives. If he has a german address – he has issues. Below is a copy of a notification issued whereby any foreign ultralight found being flown by a german resident could risk the LBA requesting by the foreign CAA that its registration be rescinded….

EDL*, Germany

Germany has a 180 day limit on non-D-reg non-certifieds non-ULs, and they could enforce that equally. The difference is that you can reapply at 180 days… what if you go to 190 days before reapplying?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

Germany has a 180 day limit on non-D-reg non-certifieds non-ULs, and they could enforce that equally. The difference is that you can reapply at 180 days… what if you go to 190 days before reapplying?

Dunno but as the aircraft is registered in an EU state and has a permit which meets the requirements, I’m not bothered. Although I did look fleetingly at an N registered Vans but the issue would have been not only permits in Germany but also crossing other countries….

EDL*, Germany

Hey @Steve6443

Any updates on the G750, was it flown to Germany yet?

I sat in the cabin mockup at AERO but found it quite uncomfy to get in and out… but probably its just me beeing used to “swinging” into the DA20… ;⁠)

Austria

Matt_FK wrote:

Hey @Steve6443

Any updates on the G750, was it flown to Germany yet?

I sat in the cabin mockup at AERO but found it quite uncomfy to get in and out… but probably its just me beeing used to “swinging” into the DA20… ;⁠)

Yes, it’s now at its home base, just waiting for some decent weather to go flying in it – last time I did so, I was faced with winds aloft of 43 knots at 1000 ft AGL, but on the ground they were maybe 5 knots…. however really enjoying it, especially as the operating costs are so low in terms of fuel compared to the Cirrus. I’m typically doing my planning based on 120knots TAS @ 17lph or 112 at 14lph.

Getting in and out takes some practice but once you’re used to it, it’s simple enough – you need to basically place your left foot inside beyond the yoke, swing in, pressing your back against the seat and then slide yourself down the back to sit inside. Once in, it’s no problem. What I do miss is the grip that the Cirrus has towards the rear helping you step down from the wing but it’s otherwise not a real problem. It’s very comfortable to fly, in the Pipistrel I was aching after an hour, with this, you don’t notice the time flying…. which will be good as we’re intending to do longer trips in MTI this year….

EDL*, Germany

Peter wrote:

No, if it is a homebuilt registered in an ECAC country there’s no limit. You can homebase the aircraft in Germany indefinitely (GEN 1-17 applies).
allgemeinerlaubnis_selbstbau_pdf

EDLE

For those that are interested, we have completed some longer distance trips and wanted to report back on the figures we achieve. We typically plan to cruise around 118kts TAS and burn between 13 and 17 litres per hour Super unleaded, depending on altitude. 17 litres is at 3000feet, 13 litres is above FL100. Below is a picture (please excuse the reflections) of us cruising through Czech Republic at FL105 with 121TAS burning 13 Liters an hour. If I wanted to go quicker I could, but looking at the tail wind I got at that altitude, I was more than happy to save the fuel.

Yesterday we flew into Slovenske Konicje, where the planes are built in order to have the PtF extended – all went smoothly. Interesting was to see 3 other GoGetAir G750s there at the same time; meanwhile, in the factory, another 2 are being built.

In the pictures you can see (from left to right) #006 – Rotax 914; #012 (915iS) #003 (912ULS) #004 (912iS)

Last Edited by Steve6443 at 20 Jul 13:39
EDL*, Germany

Thanks. Personally, with these Roax engines and their rather low fuel consumptions, I don’t think it makes much sense to fly at lower power settings. The between low and high power settings is only about 5 litres. And we are talking Mogas here. So only about a 10€ total difference per hour.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Good numbers indeed! I suppose the 915iS version will easily achieve 150 KTAS at that altitude, if not more, albeit at a much higher FF. But, as Bosco says, in the end the fuel costs are not really an issue

Last Edited by aart at 20 Jul 14:49
Private field, Mallorca, Spain

boscomantico wrote:

Thanks. Personally, with these Roax engines and their rather low fuel consumptions, I don’t think it makes much sense to fly at lower power settings. The between low and high power settings is only about 5 litres. And we are talking Mogas here. So only about a 10€ total difference per hour.

I fly at max eco setting with 5000rpm – throttle back until the green eco light goes on. If I go for MCP, I’d be at 5500rpm – a bit noiser, a little more vibration – and consuming 19lph; Taking my current home bases’ pricing (€2.44 / litre), that would cost me €15 an hour more. My fuel costs at 13lph would be €31 per hour, so the additional is a 50% hike for 8% more performance. Unless I’m in a hurry, I’m not going to do it…

EDL*, Germany
Sign in to add your message