Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

GoGetAir G750

gallois wrote:

Hope the new plane goes well it looks good and the figures seem super in current economic conditions.

No complaints so far and typically you get admiring glances wherever you turn up. Some people comment that it’s pretty similar to a Cirrus, only smaller. My reply: Yes, everything about it is smaller, especially the bills….. whether it’s maintenance, fuel or whatever, the bills are significantly smaller…. Ok, so it’s not 135KTAS with my 912iS but if I compare the SR20 on a trip to, say, Copenhagen, the SR20 would have been there 13 minutes earlier (flying LoP) but have cost me approx 82litres of Avgas compared to 30litres of Super 95. And if someone wanted to go faster, they could order the 915iS and cruise at 150KTAS – I believe the latest delivery of a G750 went to Speyer equipped with this motor….

boscomantico wrote:

There is one for sale.

Yes, 914Turbo with onboard oxygen. A nice looking plane, I saw it in the factory when I took my plane down for maintenance, the previous owner stepped up to a 915iS powered G750….

EDL*, Germany

There is one for sale.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Thanks for the explanation. I can understand paying a bit more so you can have the safety and ease of fuelling directly from a fixed pump rather than humping jerry cans to the local garage and then having to siphon it into the aircraft. I am hoping more aerodromes in this area will do. Hopefully with a little less margin.
Hope the new plane goes well it looks good and the figures seem super in current economic conditions.

France

gallois wrote:

Is it the case that SP95 is normally over 2€ in Germany or are you paying.0.60€ a liter more for the privalege of buying it from a pump at the airfield?

Nope, SP 95 is around €1,80 or so at a petrol station but at the airfield it’s €2,30 plus. The issue isn’t profiteering but that the airfields buy a tanker full of SP 95 and that was bought at a higher price so they have to recuperate those costs, even though at petrol stations it’s cheaper. However plenty of airfields have sold their fuel and the prices are dropping – if I refer to this pricing comparison page for aircraft fuel, I can see (eg) Borkenberge is at €2,05 / kg.

For our airfield, refuelling using canisters is a safety issue, nothing else.
EDL*, Germany

Is it the case that SP95 is normally over 2€ in Germany or are you paying.0.60€ a liter more for the privalege of buying it from a pump at the airfield?

France

boscomantico wrote:

Don‘t you put in some normal petrol station gas every now and then, when at home?

No, the airfield where I’m stationed at forbids refuelling from canisters…. Ok, I could fly somewhere and refuel for some cents less but in the grand scheme of things, I’d rather enjoy the freedom of being in the air….

EDL*, Germany

Steve, I fully understand you. Not too much suffering arriving 15 minutes later at destination since we enjoy flying don’t we? And also not bad contributing a little less to global warming although apparently this is a highly combustible issue on this forum.

EDIT: and by lowering power setting caring for your engine and enjoying lower noise levels..

Last Edited by aart at 20 Jul 19:16
Private field, Mallorca, Spain

Don‘t you put in some normal petrol station gas every now and then, when at home?

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

aart wrote:

Good numbers indeed! I suppose the 915iS version will easily achieve 150 KTAS at that altitude, if not more, albeit at a much higher FF. But, as Bosco says, in the end the fuel costs are not really an issue

Yes, that is what they expect, around 150TAS.

However fuel costs are always going to be subjective. Compared to burning 39lph of AVGAS, 19l of Super Plus is nothing. However the relationship – 8% gain in speed, 50% more fuel costs – is something where I think – why bother?

EDL*, Germany

boscomantico wrote:

Thanks. Personally, with these Roax engines and their rather low fuel consumptions, I don’t think it makes much sense to fly at lower power settings. The between low and high power settings is only about 5 litres. And we are talking Mogas here. So only about a 10€ total difference per hour.

I fly at max eco setting with 5000rpm – throttle back until the green eco light goes on. If I go for MCP, I’d be at 5500rpm – a bit noiser, a little more vibration – and consuming 19lph; Taking my current home bases’ pricing (€2.44 / litre), that would cost me €15 an hour more. My fuel costs at 13lph would be €31 per hour, so the additional is a 50% hike for 8% more performance. Unless I’m in a hurry, I’m not going to do it…

EDL*, Germany
29 Posts
Sign in to add your message