Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Vans have made a big boo-boo: laser cut holes

Silvaire wrote:

I think the talk of planes or kit values being reduced to zero, kits not being finished and Vans going out of business reflects only wild eyed imagination.

Agree 100% There is no realism in it. Anyone with only a gram of engineering brain cells will eventually understand that Vans has solved this issue already with that part list. And those without that gram will forget all about this in 2-3 years That some people don’t like Vans solution is another matter (and seriously, there’s a lot not to like about this situation), but it’s their problem, and theirs alone.

Last Edited by LeSving at 21 Oct 14:50
The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

IMHO, this site is in no danger of going negative precisely because its operators clearly value truthful and honest discussion. That is why I joined – I want to maximize my knowledge base and share my knowledge (I’ve been involved with aviation in some capacity or another for more than 40 years – I hope I have something to offer from time to time) with others. My entry point may have been the LCP issue, but I’m not unidimensional or myopic.

I see nothing wrong with levying criticism when it is truthful, done in a respectful manner, and intended to improve something for the entity being critiqued.

1C5, United States
Posts are personal views only.
Oxfordshire, United Kingdom

WOW

Primer-Affected Quick Build Costs: At the same time, we learned that one of our overseas contractors had used an inferior primer, resulting in aluminum corrosion forming on a large number of quick build kits. This required us to scrap many kits, while further increasing production to replace affected kits. This alone represented a multi-million-dollar setback for us.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

That is an „old“ story Peter… and only the tip of the iceberg 🙈

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

Quote: Stated simply: without realizing it, we were selling kits below our cost.

Generally I think controllers aren’t worth their money but it seems a little bit of controlling is needed to keep a company in business. This is certainly not the first time that something like that happened to a company run by engineers.

EDQH, Germany

I’ve got no skin in this game, but reading the statement RV sound like a company about to go out of business or at least file for Chapter 11.

They are completely ducked, as I predicted. Orders dried up and cash in could not service the cash out.

The reason you heard nothing for the last month is that Greg was no longer at the helm and insolvency practitioners are running the show.

At least I paid with a credit card and they didn’t deliver either of my two orders in full. I get that back at least. Some people paid with cash and may be out six figure sums.

EGLM & EGTN

I’ll be surprised if any of their customers lose money. I just received a small order a day or so ago.

Fly more.
LSGY, Switzerland

Because you ordered something small that they had on the shelf and were prepared to pay. So they shipped it.

People don’t trust them to ship so they’re not sending final kit payments, $$$$ rather than trivial payments. So they don’t ship. Hence the mention of high inventory and no shipping.

EGLM & EGTN
Sign in to add your message