Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Lancair 320

Looks like we both got the glide speed of this bird wrong. According to this doc (Australian Accident Investigation) Vbg is 104 kts.

I am bit confused by this thread. Best glide occurs at the optimum L/D ratio.

These glide ratios seem low. Meridian is 18/1 feathered. :)

EGTK Oxford

It would be interesting if Vs was 57kt and Vbg was 104kt.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

The POH of the Lancair 360 I have here at home says Vbg: 120 KIAS. The only airplane I have flown (under supervision and only from the rear seat) with a higher Vbg was the Thunder Mustang: Vbg: 160 knots …

Last Edited by Flyer59 at 25 Sep 16:24

Lancair’s look nice, but I think must have some funny handling characteristics due to those short stubby narrow wings. A very experienced pilot at our airfield bought one. Within a few weeks he is grounded after a prop strike on landing, so I don’t disbelieve the pictures posted earlier in the thread.

EGHS

UPDATE

A sale has been agreed It’s the start of an exciting new adventure…I know there will be surprises, I hope they will be mostly good ones And of course I will be back to the forum to ask for your advice about all the stuff I don’t know…which is plenty !

Last Edited by Jojo at 01 Oct 18:41
Bordeaux

Super cool!

My ex-USN ‘flown everything there is’ test pilot buddy has a saying when talking about similar planes: “pitch plus power = performance” Probably some mantra from his T-28 instructing days that he thinks useful for me. I like it anyway, and it worked for me when I was transitioning to a plane with much higher wing loading.

Another one is “flop, chop, prop and drop” (for overhead break) but I digress. Have fun!

Last Edited by Silvaire at 01 Oct 19:07

Very nice! Congratulations on a beautiful plane.
Can you post a picture of the cockpit?

Super news from Jojo!

This is really going to transform her flying.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

No doubt it’ll transform my bank account, too !!! I’ll be eating rice for the next 10 years….but it’ll be worth it

And here’s the cockpit

Bordeaux
Sign in to add your message