Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Lancair 320

Love the calculator! Looks looks a poor man’s FMS console! No AP of any kind?

Last Edited by boscomantico at 01 Oct 19:29
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

The rice will keep you thin enough :-) …. I should buy a Lancair too :-)

Cool panel. What’s that above the XPDR? Isn’t that an S-TEC A/P, or a 2nd Com?

This is really going to transform her flying.

If its anything like the ones near me are flown, that’s sure to be true! Granted they’re mostly six cylinder variants but they typically do run and break approaches and go into the break at the most astonishing speed and bank angle. Then on the ground a few moments later. That would be fun.

Last Edited by Silvaire at 01 Oct 20:07

That’s just great Jojo.. Congratulations!
Hope you’ll do a tour to come and see us all to show it. I propose we all invite you to the local varieties of a bowl of rice.
Mine will be a nice paella!

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

A paella sounds great, Aart!
In time I very much hope to expand my flying (and confidence) enough to visit some of you around Europe…

Nope, there’s no AP, Flyer59. Somehow, this doesn’t feel like an AP kind of plane. Actually, I wasn’t brought up with such luxuries so I won’t miss it for the time being, but may regret it later. We’ll see. Peter will be relieved to know there’s a fuel flow meter

Here’s the avionics spec:
Garmin GNS430, GPS, COM1, VOR and full ILS
Garmin GTX330 mode S Transponder
Garmin GMA340 Audio Panel
RMI Altitude Encoder / backup Airdata
ICOM IC-A200 COM2
EPI 800 Electronic Engine Management System

Bordeaux

Nice. Red hot chilipepper

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

Nicely equipped!
I think the Lancair is exactly the type of plane that wants an autotopilot, especially if you plan to use it for travelling. Fuel flow and totalizer is really a MUST today. I still can’t get over the fact that even today Cessna or Piper will deliver NEW airplanes without it … completely ridiculous.

Lovely plane, congratulations and I do wish you all the joy in your undertakings with this airplane! Definitly hope to see you soon someplace with it, at least it will be very hard to miss if you are someplace with it. Very well equipped too. Have yourself a lovely time and do a good type transition training with it, then you will know what you need and how to go about it.

I´ve seen some of these planes equipped with S-Tec 30 autopilots for longer trips. Apparently there is a Lancair dealer and “build assistance” shop in the Netherlands so they can probably tell you all about what you can do and what not but what I hear is that this not being a certified plane you have quite a bit of leeway in what to install and installation is quite a bit cheaper too.

In terms of speed and economy the Lancair is one of the best buys around. And this one is a real beauty. Once again, congratulations!

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Well, guys, there are ~1000 registered people on EuroGA so why don’t we each put in €10 and then Jojo can buy a really nice autopilot

This is an amazing plane. From the original advert, the fuel is 160 litres and from heregraph – the fuel flow should be about 28 litres/hr (2400rpm, best economy i.e. peak EGT) at 65% of max rated power, so the range should be about 5.7 hrs to zero fuel, which with a TAS of say 150kt (bear in mind this has to be overtly VFR) is about 860nm to zero fuel

And with a fuel totaliser (IF it is linked to the GPS – is the EPI-800 compatible with the GNS430?) and an engine monitor you can really optimise this, whereas normally in the GA scene you have no good idea so have to fly with huge fuel margins to be safe.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter, as I am a poor old pensioner may I suggest a contribution to a new a/p for me as I only have an S-TEC which has caused some comments on these forums!!!!!!!!

UK, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message