Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

PA28 looking for Hangarage , 1.5h driving from North London max

Anyone aware of hangarage availability for PA28 in the vicinity (max 1.5h driving ) of North London ?

Hard runway with Instrument approach preferably.

Thanks

FL100

Your requirements (IAP) means Oxford, Cambridge or Coventry. Forget Cranfield now they appear to have effectively shut down.

EGTK Oxford

What happened to Cranfield?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Some ATC crisis, reduced opening hours, ad hoc closures, full PPR. Airport mismanagement gone crazy.

EGTK Oxford

AIUI there’s a lot of very pissed off people at Cranfield right now.
Some businesses have just discovered that their lease did not include any agreed provision of access to a working airport……….

Forever learning
EGTB

Thanks Jason,

Aware of Cambridge, Oxford and Coventry.
Maybe someone knows of hangarage space available in other airports.
Not necessarily with precision approaches.

FL100

Southend? Easy from east london, and has train directly into airport

toga67 wrote:

Not necessarily with precision approaches.

Welcome to England. Even if you say non-precision approaches, the list is the same.

If you without approaches you have many more choices. Booker, Turweston amongst others.

Last Edited by JasonC at 17 Sep 19:50
EGTK Oxford

Note that hangarage is often a bit like foreign travel privileges for trusted communist party members in the Soviet Bloc

It’s no good posting online asking about this, except in general terms.

At most airfields, the ground scene is quite political (basically because most people are struggling to make money) so hangarage is tied to bringing a “nice plane” to a maintenance company to “look after” it. Where I was hangared for 10+ years I had such an arrangement and I was the only person in all that time to be allocated a hangar space there. That hangar has since disappeared…

So you need to visit these places in person and make enquiries with different companies face to face. Forget even email.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

That wasn’t my experience at all at Fairoaks (which doesn’t fit the OP’s request, but shows that what Peter experienced shouldn’t be generalised fully).

EGTF, LFTF
13 Posts
Sign in to add your message