Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

PA46 - EASA Type Rating

Looks like it now is a proper SET class rating, not a silly class-rating-for-a-single-type or individual type rating… not much of a consolation unless you want to switch between C210 and Piper turbines, but a step in the right direction

https://easa.europa.eu/document-library/product-certification/typeratings-and-licence-endorsement-lists

Biggin Hill

So what’s the requirement now for the piston PA46s? I’m afraid I’m not finding that table very clear.

EGTF, LFTF

Apparently for the piston planes you just need a SEP so no special requirements at all. What I do not understand yet is why there is a D for differences training for the turbine PA46. How can you do differences training if the turbine and piston are no longer on the same rating? Also the table is contradictory for the turbine. On the left it says you need a PA46 endorsment an on the right they write you need a SET.

But overall this is great progress. You will still need training for the piston aircraft but the formal type rating was a pain requiring all kind of useless paperwork. Now you just pick a good instructor and go for it which will probably be less expensive then a full type rating course.

www.ing-golze.de
EDAZ

I think it means that you need SEP for the piston variants and an SET and PA46 differences training for the Meridian or Jetprop.

EGTK Oxford

That link posted by Cobalt leads to this PDF which on my reading (go to the “Piper” portion) is ambiguous as regards the Matrix.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

No more typerating for PA 46 piston required! https://easa.europa.eu/system/files/dfu/20140604%20EASA%20T_R_List_Acft.pdf

Last Edited by Bernd at 19 Jun 23:44

Sebastian G, differences training only, if you switch from Meridian to JetProp or vice versa!

Can’t help but wonder why they left the Type Rating for the Extra 400.. Same type of aircraft.
Not that it makes a huge difference with so few built, but it begs the question of logic at EASA HQ.

ESSB, Stockholm Bromma

Indeed… might be due to EASA getting 100x more people pressing them on the PA46 (SEP) than on the E400.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Hello, everyone!

I am resuscitating this thread.

Anybody can recommend a good CAMO for a Jetprop?

cheers

Sign in to add your message