Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

PA46T Meridian pre-buy inspection in North West Germany

I would suggest new threads, for anything “self contained” and standalone-interesting.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Ok, will do. The first post will be on the engine issues and I will start a separate thread on the avionics. Stand by…

Lydd

+1

Germany

PhilG wrote:

Bit of a thread drift to go into it further but I could start a new thread if people are interested.

2020 was a grim year for my Meridian experience including avionics woes you wouldn’t believe….

Please share your experience.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

It would be a very interesting post; yes please!

Administrator

Not a hot start – Electrical Discharge Damage. Bit of a thread drift to go into it further but I could start a new thread if people are interested.

2020 was a grim year for my Meridian experience including avionics woes you wouldn’t believe….

Lydd

I had just spent £180k on engine defects and Event1/2 in the past 12 months

Wow. Did the airplane have a hot start or some other event that led to this ?

Last Edited by denopa at 18 Mar 06:29
EGTF, LFTF

Before I bought my Meridian, I had Event 1 and Event 2 plus borescope done by a UK company. They found around £35k of defects that effectively assessed the aircraft as unairworthy and placed the seller in a bad and unhappy position. In the end we settled on a new price to include rectification and I bought it. The windshield heater was fine.

4 years later when sold, I had just £3k worth of agreed deductions. Then again, I had just spent £180k on engine defects and Event1/2 in the past 12 months so it should have been and was, close to perfect.

Lydd

I do a full annual + boroscope now instead of just prebuys.

EGKB LFQQ EBAW

lowandslow your email address is dead.

Administrator
25 Posts
Sign in to add your message