Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Palma LIMP

Enroute back from Lido / Portoroz.

Does anybody have experience with Palma for a tech stop?

Looking for a stop in the middle of Italy for Avgas, toilet and food ideally in that order!!

Any idea of the costs? Thanks.

Typo on Parma ! Peter could you edit title ?!

Last Edited by Alex_ at 03 Aug 12:16
Alex
Shoreham (EGKA) White Waltham (EGLM), United Kingdom

No good for Avgas – they don’t have any. (Well, the aeroclub has, but getting fuel from them would be time-consuming, so I recommend to go elsewhere).

To be honest, another fuel stop in Italy does not make sense, since you can fuel up at Lido and anything else in Northern Italy will be less than hour away from that. Sure Lido Avgas isn’t cheap (2.75€ at the moment, I believe), but it won’t be all that much cheaper at most other Italian airports.

So I suggest you depart from Lido with enough fuel and do your next fuel stop somewhere in France if you want to do one.

Or do you want to fly from Italy all the way to Shoreham non-stop? That would make it even more complicated, since, in the whole of Northern Italy, you will find very few airports which, all at the same time:
-have Avgas
-have customs/immigration
-are GA friendly / allow a quick turnaround
-have lowish fees to make it worthwhile as a sheer fuel stop.

Actually, Lido is one of such (few) Italian airports, but that’s where you already are.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 03 Aug 12:32
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Thanks @Boscomantico.

We have filled up in Padova. I was just wanting a change of scenery really! I took your recommendation and went to Albenga on the way down which was a nice stop… thanks for that.

Alex

LIKO Ozzano would have been cheaper and fairly easy in reach… too late.

EDM_, Germany

Thank you @ch.ess always good to know for next time, coming this way at the end of the month hopefully.

Do you have Any contact details?

Alex

LIKO

A bit confusing as the field calls themselves differently for a sad personal reason. But it is usually referred to as Ozzano.

EDM_, Germany

Thanks it looks good for a lunch stop. Very sad story :(

Alex

LIKO is a great field a used it for about 8 times so far great field also for quick turn arround just make sure you have enought 50euro/20euro notes on you for the paying at the self service fuel pump if no one is there at the fuel pump.that serves it.

fly2000

Has anyone been to LIMP recently? I’m considering it as a fuel stop. Interested in toilet, food, waiting time for fuel, etc.

LPFR, Poland

Alex_ wrote:

I took your recommendation and went to Albenga

How much were the fees at Albenga, I might go there next week.

EGLK, United Kingdom
11 Posts
Sign in to add your message