Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Paper chart requirements ?

No paper needed here either not even proof of having paid the exam fee.

France

I had a control few years ago, so I asked what are the rules because I was a bit surprised the officer asked me the VAC of the airport (it was Grenoble in France).
She told me : electronic version is ok if you can bring evidence you can access it without data connection.

It makes sense but I not sure it would be the same with another guy.

Another point, I m always trying to save weight and bringing flight manual is stupid (I also have an electronic version) specially if you have a Robin from 70’ flight manual is handwriting nearly impossible to read without zooming on flies legs. I asked to a controler OSAC (during airworthiness exam) if there is a format. He said no you can print a small copy. Since now I have a A5, recto verso version impossible to read but official, I save weight and it is inside the plane logbook !

PPG
LFNV

If you have internet, you can always download the VAC chart or download on the SIA website no?

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Yes you can. But sometimes you fly somewhere you haven t printer….
Or a 12V socket printer ? Not good for my W&B !!!!!!

PPG
LFNV

I was just making a funny point that if you have internet you can show VFR chart of Hawaii by googling it after landing even without planning if before takeoff, but if you have in-flight internet that should be enough to comply?

I was told the .pdf briefing packs from AutoRouter including IFR/VFR/VAC plates are highly appreciated by DGAC inspectors

Same, I leave load of paper outside the aircraft, it helps clearing the 50ft obstacle

Last Edited by Ibra at 29 Mar 19:14
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

PPG wrote:

Another point, I m always trying to save weight and bringing flight manual is stupid (I also have an electronic version) specially if you have a Robin from 70’ flight manual is handwriting nearly impossible to read without zooming on flies legs. I asked to a controler OSAC (during airworthiness exam) if there is a format. He said no you can print a small copy. Since now I have a A5, recto verso version impossible to read but official, I save weight and it is inside the plane logbook !

FWIIW, the Luxembourg CAA is happy for privately operated planes to have an electronic-only POH.

ELLX

Several people have already quoted the relevant text from part-NCO. The POH and charts can all be on electronic media as long as “accessibility, usability and reliability can be assured.”

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Airborne_Again wrote:

Several people have already quoted the relevant text from part-NCO. The POH and charts can all be on electronic media as long as “accessibility, usability and reliability can be assured.”

Does the same apply for PPL/CPL skills tests or are tests treated separately?

EDDW, Germany

The POH must be up to date with all the revisions included.

France

lionel wrote:

FWIIW, the Luxembourg CAA is happy for privately operated planes to have an electronic-only POH.

Might well be – if you, however, do not buy a factory new plane, it might be not so easy to get an electronic version of the POH for your serial number (with all the additions for changed avionics, etc.). One could obviously scan the paper one – but that is quite some work…

Germany
Sign in to add your message