Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Pirep LFQB - Troyes (mostly for our friends from the UK)

Hi all

Just wanted to give a brief report on using LFQB – Troyes as a stopover when flying south from the UK. The customs formalities for PPR are very simple, there is a pre-formatted form which needs filling in and sending by email. There are two RNAV approaches with a lengthy runway and most importantly, and increasingly rare in France, is the self-service Avgas pump which accepts all credit cards. So no need for BP or Total cards.

Landing fees were a very reasonable EUR10 and you have a couple of well stocked vending machines if you want a quick snack. Customs officers were there, they checked IDs and wanted to have a quick look at the plane and bags but honestly were nice and professional.

I stopped over yesterday on my way south from Biggin Hill and was in and out in under 30mins.

Just thought could be useful to know for all those looking for options given the current situation with Airports and Customs in France.

cheers
P.

LFLP

Thanks pashab.

Contrary to popular belief there quite a few French airports where cstoms/immigration formalities can be done cheap and hassle free.

I would like to add LFLX (Chateauroux Déols) where there are no landing fees for light aircraft below 2 T, and only 4 h prior notice for customs/immigration. They also have pretty nice opening hours with TWR and AFIS depending on DoW and ToD. There has been a NOTAM out saying airport is reserved for scheduled aircraft and PPR for others, but in practice that is not a problem at all. You call for customs and get the PPR at the same time.

Poitiers LFBI is also high on my list although they have 24 hrs PPR for customs/immigration.

I hear good things about Chalons Vatry (LFOK) although their customs/immigration hours of service are somewhat limited (07-16). At least no PPR.

Last Edited by Aviathor at 12 Jun 09:42
LFPT, LFPN

Aviathor wrote:

I hear good things about Chalons Vatry (LFOK) although their customs/immigration hours of service are somewhat limited (07-16). At least no PPR.

They have Very extended hours (nearly H24), but one should really inquired about out of hours cost. The other day, for night, I was quoted
Fueld 200 euros + AFIS 150 euros (+ ~40 euros lights but that would likely apply anywhere else)

Good to know thanks!

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland
4 Posts
Sign in to add your message