Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Porto LPPR and Vilar de Luz LPVL

Noe wrote:

LPVL has much less facilities, (no IAP, no lights, no Jet-A1, no taxis).

So LPVL is not an option for me if I can’t find taxi to get to the city.

OmniHandling is the cheapest and I’ll go with them. JetBase is in the middle and Portway is the most expensive. All contacts can be found in AIP.

I’ll compensate the cost with cheaper fuel in Portugal than Spain

Last Edited by Emir at 18 Aug 09:34
LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Thanks. the price → name is actually what I wanted.

Next time I fly to Porto I’ll check with them. I think for 150 euros I might just go to the main airport. The difference in jet-a1 price will probably make up for most of the cost! (It was about 1.90 euros at LPVL, and I had to arrange it with the guy running the heli operation, who was very nice and came to the airfield especially to fuel me with his custom mini-van-bowswer).

I’m based in LPVL (same club Noe is in) and never landed in LPPR.

At LPVL to get fuel (no Jet-A, i think) you need to talk to the local club (http://aecporto.com/contactos.html). Warning… they don’t all speak English, but they are very helpful and a google translated email should work.

Regarding TAXI’s I’ve got a few local (English speaking) numbers you can call to book, otherwise uber works fine too. It takes about 20mins by car to get to central Porto from LPVL and a similar time from LPPR (40mins by metro). PM me if you need the numbers! Hey if you land on a day I’m at the airfield I can give you a ride back to town.

Landing and parking is usually free at LPVL.

Expected price for Jet A1 at LPPR is €0.80 while at LEVD is €1.30 and I’ll probably need around 200 liters, so if will be roughly 100€ – just enough to cover landing fee

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

geekyflyer wrote:

PM me if you need the numbers! Hey if you land on a day I’m at the airfield I can give you a ride back to town.

Thanks! I’ll make final decision on Monday or Tuesday, depending on my schedule in Valladolid.

In the meantime, it would be great to get some recommendations what to see in Porto in one day

Last Edited by Emir at 18 Aug 11:19
LDZA LDVA, Croatia

I used Helitours for Jet-A1. 1.80 euros/L but that was back in May 2014. Had to previously arrange by phone as they came specially for me to the airfield.

FWIW, I normally look for a trip down there (Spain, etc) later in the year, when it is a bit cooler and the wx is crap elsewhere. I will start a new thread later…

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
some recommendations what to see in Porto

I have a deep though fearsome memory of seeing the city from the bridge across the river Tago – our car was stuck in a traffic jam, and the bridge swung alarmingly with the gusting wind (which was naturally along the river, thus cross to the road). Hadn’t it been for that fear I would have much enjoyed the sight of the city.

That said: famous are the wine cellars on the South bank of said Tago river. Be aware though that the “Port” or “Porto” wine (a mix of very young and hence sweet red wine with brandy, that halts further fermentation) is an export product only, ISTR its foremost buyers are the Brits and the Belgians.

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

Jan_Olieslagers wrote:

“Porto” wine … export product only

For me it will be for sure “export only” because I can consume it after returninig to Spain

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Jan_Olieslagers wrote:

from the bridge across the river Tago

That can’t have been in Porto!

Sign in to add your message