Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Possible Jepp chart integration with SkyDemon

Peter wrote:

Navigraph come via an app which needs online connectivity, so you have to print them off to fly with, and there are no practical printing solutions for the Ipad.

Yes, but they also have Android, Windows and MacOS apps. I took a one-month subscription to try it out and I can print from the MacOS app.

Last Edited by Airborne_Again at 31 Jan 18:20
ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Peter wrote:

Navigraph come via an app which needs online connectivity, so you have to print them off to fly with, and there are no practical printing solutions for the Ipad.

@Peter, or you could print from your PC into a PDF and use it in SD with geo-referencing! :)
Just like you could now with the AIPs out of the box.

EGTR

Screenshotting and cropping the Navigraph charts and then having a nice folder taxonomy works well.

Last Edited by zuutroy at 31 Jan 19:13
EIMH, Ireland

That (last 2 above) sounds pretty horrible.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

and there are no practical printing solutions for the Ipad.

Huh???? Just hit ‘send to’ choose a printer and off you go. Works in any iPad application I’m aware of.

Don’t think so… see the thread link I posted.

Administrator

Airborne_Again wrote:

Paul Sodagar of PPL/IR Europe has asked me to repost this, which is of general interest to IR pilots regarding Jeppesen’s decision to withdraw JeppMFD.
Tim Dawson and I held a couple of meetings with Jepp/Boeing about the potential of integrating Jepp charts into SD [SkyDemon].

Boeings position is that, in the US, they’ve seen an acceptable enough conversion from JeppMFD users to ForeFlight, for them to not be interested in further discussions at this stage. However they’re waiting to see what happens over the next 12 months in Europe and accept the FF market in Europe is different.

They wanted to open the door to customers to give them direct feedback on demand for Jepp Chart integration with products such as SD.

If this would interest you then please email Jepp Europe (Frankfurt office) and ask them to send on to:

Scott Reagan
Director – Product Marketing & Development
Boeing Global Services
The e-mail address of Jepp’s Frankfurt office is [email protected]. Please copy [email protected].

I’ve now been told that instead of mailing to the two addresses above, the message should be sent to [email protected] and with the subject line “For Attention of Scott Reagan”. If you have already sent a message to Jeppesen, please resend it to this address.

Airborne_Again wrote:

Other people will have to judge the contents of my contributions.

You get my vote for some of the best contributions. They are always well researched, often with links to the original source, and you always post in a polite and informative tone. I aspire to someday have the knowledge you have and thank you for taking the time to be so active on the forum with your contributions.

While I’m at it, I’d also like to thank Peter for the huge contribution that EuroGA makes to the community. I find myself visiting the site daily.

Last Edited by derek at 01 Feb 13:34
Derek
Stapleford (EGSG), Denham (EGLD)

derek wrote:

You get my vote for some of the best contributions. They are always well researched, often with links to the original source, and you always post in a polite and informative tone. I aspire to someday have the knowledge you have and thank you for taking the time to be so active on the forum with your contributions.

While I’m at it, I’d also like to thank Peter for the huge contribution that EuroGA makes to the community. I find myself visiting the site daily.

Thanks for the kind words. I am, of course, also grateful to Peter for running this platform.

Mr Sodagar could post it himself, I believe

Administrator
Sign in to add your message