Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Prague LKPR has become cheaper for GA

There is also my home base, LKBU, 730 m grass, day only, closer to Prague than LKRK – some 35 minutes by bus, a bus stop within walking distance from the airfield.

As to LKKB, as Pimparoo rightly said, it’s nearly impossible for a civilian to get a landing permission (unless you are based there, which is actually possible, and I was considering that option), but as far as I know, they don’t mind people using their ILS for cloudbreak and then diverting to LKLT across the road.

LKBU (near Prague), Czech Republic

This is really interesting. I have read reports, from, shall we call them, big UK pilot forum personalities, who “landed” at Kbely. One guy “did” it in a PA46 Malibu, several years ago. It is entirely possible they are lying, because some people I know really do invent stuff, to look important.

I was not able to put this out of my mind :) year you was born is year my mother was born so our flying experience must be different :) Actually it looks like it was really possible and it not so far in time. I even googled picture of 46 with czech private registration sitting at this airport back in 2010 or so. I’ve started 2012 which probably explains I am not familiar with any GA traffic there. And I remember there was based one local private company providing some maintenance on cessnas and pipers (and also running medevac choppers under goverment contract) but they were moved from this airport out of Prague. I know this country so I can imagine it was possible to use this airport as GA airport with a little help of that company (would you kindly visit our service centre to check front landing gear tyre pressure, it will cost you 1 USD we will manage landing permits for you…. :)

Anything special to know about LKRO for a direct flight from/to the UK? It shows 1400m grass, Customs PNR. How much notice do Customs require?

Sorry. no personal experience with customs things there.

LKLT.LKBE
22 Posts
Sign in to add your message