Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

PRNAV and PBN

latest proposal is that the state of licence issue should decide what if anything is required in the way of training for PBN

That seems more reasonable.

In consequence, this would mean that when you are flying outside of the country of your license issue, authorities won’t be able / allowed to ramp check you for PBN pilot training compliance (because cryptics like “NfL” will be unknown to them).

Last Edited by boscomantico at 11 Dec 10:46
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

The opinion I heard here from schools doing IR training is that it should become part of the normal syllabus to do these approaches and therefore candidates who pass the initial IR would have the LPV requirements fulfilled. For airplanes, I don’t see much changes in that. However, having the actual official paper which sais that the airplane is approved for LPV and all the RNPx stuff is actually not too bad to have, at least there is no guesswork involved what can be legally flown and what not.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

LPV is PRNAV (RNP1) ?

ELLX (Luxembourg), Luxembourg

PapaPapa wrote:

LPV is PRNAV (RNP1) ?

No. Apples and Oranges. LPV is an approach spec, while RNP1(PRNAV) is an enroute/terminal spec. LPV displays angular deviation, while RNP1 displays linear deviation…

LSZK, Switzerland

However, having the actual official paper which sais that the airplane is approved for LPV

We were talking about opeartor approval and pilot approval. Not aircraft approval.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

There is still a pilot training required for pilots having French issued EASA licence. My opinion is that this is an ultra vires regulation, but yet it is in force in France.
The training must be done in an ATO.

Paris, France

This has just come out.

Someone tells me it has been passed, so from March 2017 you will need a RNAV1 / PRNAV compliant aircraft.

This means anything with the 1990s (or older) King avionics needs a probably 5 figure upgrade to fly Eurocontrol IFR.

In principle PRNAV approval is possible on a C150 with a GNS430 with the right STC+AFMS, and the accuracy required can be met with any IFR GPS anyway, which makes a mockery of this job creation scheme.

The full size jpeg of the above diagram is here

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

RNAV1 is not primarily about fixing accuracy but about navigational accuracy.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Peter wrote:

Someone tells me it has been passed, so from March 2017 you will need a RNAV1 / PRNAV compliant aircraft.

This means anything with the 1990s (or older) King avionics needs a probably 5 figure upgrade to fly Eurocontrol IFR.

Did you actually read the document you linked to?

The current RNAV5 routes will need to remain because they provide flight-planning connectivity for non RNAV1 capable aircraft within the IOM sector.

5.4 The proposal put forward for consultation
This proposal would:
a. introduce four parallel RNAV1 routes over the Irish Sea between Wallasey (WAL) and Dublin above FL170;
b. introduce five RNAV1 routes in the current airspace volume between WAL andBelfast (BEL), used in a similar way;
c. introduce three RNAV1 link routes to ensure network connectivity is maintained or improved;
d. keep the existing RNAV5 routes;

Thanks for the Executive Summary, bookworm

That is interesting too.

Do you have any updates on PRNAV in other respects?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message