Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Procedure to obtain a BZF for EASA PPL holders (flying into German-only fields)

MichaLSA wrote:

Such as this?
https://www.lba.de/SharedDocs/Downloads/DE/Formulare/L4/Lizenzierung/Erklaerung_zu_Sprachkenntnissen_Deutsch.pdf?__blob=publicationFile&v=2
Yes indeed, but I was searching for the one from FOCA (Swiss CAA). I’m afraid the self-declaration from LBA won’t be valid at FOCA. I actually did know that you’ll get German LP6 in Germany by self-declaration, however, it was new to me for Switzerland.
Last Edited by Frans at 14 Dec 18:50
Switzerland

Frans wrote:

Yes indeed, but I was searching for the one from FOCA (Swiss CAA).

Indeed there seem no specific form for that on their website. I would call BAZL / FOCA or contact them via [email protected], probably they have missed creating a form for that given the relatively low number of usage? Anyway, they want to see some proof of having German as a mother language, i.e. adding a CV and / or school certificates.

EDIT: Again, just to avoid a misunderstanding: You can run German language RT, provided you have such a RT-licence, without German LP on the pilots licence. RT and LP are two different topics; see part FCL 055, as copied above in #40 by @YakovD: “(…) pilots required to use the radio telephone shall not exercise the privileges of their licences and ratings unless they have a language proficiency endorsement on their licence in either English or the language used for radio communications involved in the flight.

Last Edited by Marcel at 14 Dec 20:04
LSZF Birrfeld, LFSB Basel-Mulhouse, Switzerland

Interesting, thanks! Yes, that’s the reason why I didn’t extend my German LP4 entry, which I got for free, as I did my flight training in German back in 2017. (As Dutch is my mother language, I couldn’t use a self-declaration.) For now, I have English LP5 which will expire next year. I’ll try to get LP6 (online) and otherwise extend my LP5. No need for a German LP.

Regarding RT: I’ve both German and English entered in my Swiss license, which was transferred from Germany in 2020.

Last Edited by Frans at 14 Dec 21:20
Switzerland
43 Posts
Sign in to add your message